chapter one hundred fifty five;

October 8, 1977

It's been almost 24 hours, and Maddie still hasn't woken up. She's twitched a bit every now and then, but she's not fully awake.

"Hey Rog," I heard from outside. I turned to see Veronica Deacon who hadn't seen Maddie since she was hurt.

"Hey Veronica."

"How's she doing?" She asked.

"She seems to be alright, she just hadn't woken up yet," I said slightly upset.

"You look pale as fuck, when was the last time you've eaten?" She asked.

"Hmm, breakfast yesterday." I said as if it were normal.

"Roger! That's so unhealthy for you! I'll go get you some food from downstairs, you just need to eat." She said worriedly.

I shrugged it off, I really didn't need food. I just needed to stay here and make sure that the love of my life is okay. 

Ten minutes later.

"Here you go Rog," Veronica said as she handed me a tray with a burger on it.

I honestly didn't have an appetite since Maddie had gotten hurt, images of her on the floor with blood all over her wandered through my head.

"Thanks Ronnie," I smiled.

She looked at all of the monitors and machines Maddie was hooked up to, her eyes filling with tears.

"I just-" she started, "I just can't believe this happened."

"Me neither Ronnie, me neither." I said as I patted the couch next to me. She sat next to me and let all her tears out in my shoulder.

"There, there. She'll hopefully be awake soon. Besides, her and the twins are alright and aren't going to die, so I'm mostly happy about that," I said trying to cheer her up a bit.

"I was kind of hoping she was awake, I have news to tell the both of you but I guess I can tell you. You can tell her once she's awake," she said.

"Of course Veronica, as soon as Maddie wakes up I can tell her," I said reassuringly.

"Well uh- I- um." She stuttered.

"I'm pregnant," she said.

"Aw Ronnie, that's great news!" I smiled.

"What's great news?" I heard a familiar voice say.

"Maddie! You're awake!" I said happily. She gave me a sweet smile.

"Hi Roger," she smiled.

"Let me go get a nurse, I'll also get John and Elizabeth if that's alright?" Veronica asked.

"Of course it is, we love our Lizzie," Maddie said as she tried to shift her position.

Veronica stepped out to find a doctor, John came in carrying Lizzie.

The nurse came in and checked Maddie's stats.

"So what's the good news?" She asked.

"Veronica's pregnant, Lizzie's going to be a big sister," John smiled. Maddie's whole face lit up.

"Oh my goodness! That's amazing news. I'm so happy for you three," she said smiling.

"So are the twins alright?" Maddie asked me.

"Yes petal, the doctor said they're just fine." I said as I tucked a strand of hair behind her ear.

She smiled and grabbed my hand.

"So what do you remember before everything happened?" I asked.

She thought for a second. She looked over at the Deacons. They nodded and gave us a moment alone.

"It was Michael and uh- Paul! They stabbed me and- they were the ones who raped me." She frowned.

"I swear to god, I kill those fucking wankers-" I said as I cut myself off.

"What's this?" I asked as I picked up a note from beside Maddie.

Tell anyone about my little secret and I'll be sure you don't wake up next time. You can go to the police for Michael, but mention my name once and you'll regret it.
Paul

I crumbled the note up and tossed it in the trash. I told Maddie what it said. She said we can go to the police, but keep our mouths shut for Paul. We called the Deacons back in and chatted with them for a while. Maddie was so happy to see Lizzie.

That wanker never wants to leave us alone does he.