chapter thirty five;

November 12, 1974

Maddie's POV

Today me and Roger are going to spend the day together. It's not like we don't see each other anymore, we live together. They've just been busy giving album ideas these past few days.

I went to go take a shower when I feel a hand grab my wrist.

"Hey babe, are you about to take a shower?" He asked as he pulled me closer to him.

"Yeah, would you care to join Mr. Taylor?" I smiled, rubbing my nose against his.

"Well if you insist my dear," he said as he started stripping his clothes off.

We hopped into the shower together and I turned on the warm water. Roger grabbed my shampoo and started to wash my hair.

"I just have one question," he said cautiously.

"What's that love?"

"What's going on between you and your mum?"

Shit. The one question I hoped nobody in my life would ever ask.

"Well uh-" I started.

"It's alright if you don't want to explain, I was just wondering." He said reassuringly.

"No no, you deserve to know since we're together," I started, "When I was younger, about twelve maybe, my mother and father got divorced. I recall my father doing nothing. But a few days after she divorced my father, she had a wedding with a richer man. She forced me to be the flower girl. Just because the man she cheated on him with was more rich. She wanted me to grow up in a rich lifestyle. She was snobby and always wanted me to be perfect and successful. She put me in an all girls private school when I was about sixteen. She only cared about me becoming richer. She forced me to go into medical school, but I dropped out and she was furious. I never wanted to speak with her again but she refused. She doesn't care about my happiness at all. She doesn't like Freddie either and they've met before. She told Freddie that she didn't like you dating me."

"But I don't care because you make me absolutely happy."

He stopped washing my body, he was frozen. Freddie was the only one I trusted enough with this information, but it was Roger's turn to know. I could see he was tearing up a bit, but I couldn't blame him. As a tear dropped down his face, that's when I lost it. I started bawling as he brought me closer to his chest.

"I'm so sorry Maddie, I wish there was something I could do." He said as the warm water fell warm against our skin.

"It's alright Rog, it's the witch I have to call my mother's fault." I said as I wiped my tears. He comforted me more than Freddie did. He's so caring, and I feel like he's made my life a lot more happier.

"I love you Maddie." He whispered in my ear.

He just said he loves me! Oh my goodness. Tell him you love him back Maddie snap out of your trance!

"I love you too Roger," I smiled as I laid a kiss against his nose. We stood in the shower cuddling each other for a good hour. I was okay staying like this all day.