chapter one hundred fifty four;

Roger's POV

The ambulance rushed down the road as fast as they could. I was in the back holding Maddie's hand as I sobbed away. The paramedics were checking her heart rate and blood loss.

A few minutes later.

We were rushing her down the hallway of the ER side. We entered a room where doctors took an x-ray of her chest.

"Mr. Taylor, we are going to have to ask you to wait in the waiting room while we get her situated." A male doctor told me. I nodded and made my way out into the waiting room.

"Roger darling! What's happening?" Freddie asked, he was almost pale.

"She's still breathing, they were taking an x-ray of her chest when I left." I said sniffing a bit.

"Do you know if the babies are alright?" Brian asked with tears streaming down his face. Deaky was still crying, he couldn't even say anything when I waved at him.

"I'm not sure, I swear to god I will never be okay if the twins die," I said as I started to sob even more thinking of it.

The boys brought me into a hug. I can't thank them enough for being here for me especially for Maddie.

About an hour later.

"Excuse me, Mr. Taylor." I heard from behind me. I looked to see a nurse who had a sweet but reassuring smile on her face.

"Y-Yes?" I sobbed a bit.

"We took an x-ray, the knife missed her heart. We also did a check on the babies, and they seem to be doing just fine," she smiled.

The boy's faces lit up along with mine. We were so happy that she was alright.

"When can we see her?" Deaky asked.

"Well, I'd like to give the husband a few minutes alone with her." She said. The boys smiled and nodded and motioned me to go with her.

I walked down to the room Maddie was in. I opened the door and my eyes filled with more tears.

She was hooked up to all kinds of different machines. She had a bandage over her chest.

I went straight to Maddie's side. I intertwined my fingers with hers and kissed her cold hand.

"I'm so sorry petal, I didn't keep my promise to be at your side at all times. This is all my fault." I said as a few more tears pricked at my eyes.

I heard a quiet knock at the door which was made by the boys, I motioned them to come in and they all rushed to the other side of her bed. Freddie started sobbing even more when he saw the state she was in.

"W-Why her..." He side through this tears.

"I'm not sure Fred, I'm not sure," I said as I patted his hand.

I knew this hit him hard. He knew Maddie longer than any of us had. Shit I can only imagine the pain he's in.

"Will she be okay once she's recovered?" I asked worriedly.

"Yes, she should be all good once she's woken up. She's going to be sore at first of course, but after a few weeks she'll be alright." She said. I thanked her as she left the room.

"M-My best friend-" Freddie sniffed.

Right now Maddie was just in a coma, which I hope she wakes up from soon.

The worst part is, it's still our wedding anniversary.