chapter one hundred ten;

April 12, 1976
Sydney, Australia

We were now in the capital city of Australia, it was pretty cool. All the sights to see were beautiful, like the Sydney Opera House.

We only had three more shows left. We may do a few shows in England, but they wouldn't be apart of the tour.

We arrived at the hotel, which was packed with people. It was as if they knew we were going to be there.

Paul gave us our room keys and Roger and I headed up to our room.

"Cmon love," I said as he walked slowly into the room.

"I- I don't feel-" Roger said before he was cut off running to the bathroom and throwing up.

"Rog! You can't be sick, you've got a bloody show tonight!" I said.

Roger threw up again, I went in there and pulled his hair behind his head.

"Are you alright sweetie?" I asked.

"N-No."

I felt his forehead, I felt like it was going to burn my hand off.

"Rog you're burning! You can't do the show. I'm going to tell Fred," I said. He nodded and I walked out and knocked on Freddie's door.

"Maddie! Darling, come on in." He said.

"Rog is sick, he can't do the show. You can't touch his forehead without getting third degree burns." I said as he frowned.

"Ugh we've got a show tonight! Wait. Do you know anyone who knows the set list on drums?" He asked.

"I know it, Roger taught the songs a few nights ago." I said.

"Then it's settled darling! You'll be playing in Roger's place," he smiled.

"Um alright Fred, I'll go tell Rog. Oh and, thank you so much for being here for me these past years. It means so much to me." I said as I hugged him.

"Aw, you're my best friend darling. I would do anything for you. I'm just glad you're with blondie, you make him really happy." He smiled.

We said our goodbyes until the show, and I went to to Roger and I's room. Roger was in the bed with a trash can next to him. He looked up at me and smiled.

"I can tell what he already said," he said as he sat up.

"What'd he say then? Hm?" I asked.

"He asked if you knew anyone who could play the drums, and you said yourself. He said you'll play in my place, didn't he?"

"Yep, are you mad?" I asked.

"Not at all gorgeous, I'll even watch from backstage. You'll rock it," he smiled.

"Thank you darling," I said as I kissed his forehead. He must've taken medicine, he wasn't burning up as much anymore.

5:00 pm

We arrived at the arena, and crowds were already lined up at the doors. The show didn't even start for another two hours.

The boys and I went straight into the dressing room to hang out for a bit. I sat on the couch, I put a pillow on my lap so Roger could lay down on me.

"Come lay down here love," I said as he stumbled in the door.

"No honey, you need to go warm up and practice. Those drums won't play themselves," he said as he sat next to me.

"Alright, where's your drumsticks?" I asked. He pointed to a bag that was on the counter, I grabbed the sticks and went on the stage to practice the songs.

I sat at the drums and started playing the parts for Liar, the beginning was a bit tricky but I could get through it.

Wait would I have to play and sing I'm in Love with My car?