chapter one hundred eighty two;

September 5, 1978

"Happy birthday Freddie!" We shouted.

"Ah! Thank you my Darlings! Say, where are the kids and Veronica and Chrissie?" He asked.

"My mum's watching them again. She said she'll never decline, the girls wanted to help her watch them," Roger said as he pulled Freddie into a hug.

"I'd like to see them soon. But I know you don't want them to see us drink. I'm glad Maddie decided to come," he said as he clapped his hands.

"Of course Freddie, you're my best friend. I would never miss out on your birthday," I smiled.

"Freddie what do you want to do today?" Brian asked.

"Hmmmmm. Strip club?" He said excitedly.

"No!" We all shouted in unison.

"Fine, fine. Let's just go to a pub. I'd like to drink champagne," he said.

"We can deal with that, let's go to a smaller one so people won't crowd us," Deaky said.

An hour later.

"Maddieeeee, shot challenge?" Freddie asked.

"Fredddiiieeeee, no. Last time I did it, it was the first time in years. I woke up so fucking sick that next morning," I said as I moved closer to Roger.

"Rog what about you?" He asked.

"I'm down," he said. I rolled my eyes, it's not going to be my fault if he gets sick.

Freddie went to get a dozen shots. God this is going to mess this up if they continue this.

"Alright darling just like last time with Maddie. 6 shots in under a minute. First to have them downed wins," Freddie said.

Roger got in front of Freddie, and Brian was watching the time.

"Go!" I shouted.

Roger was beating Freddie already. Honestly, he was done in under thirty seconds.

"Oh god Rog, you're going to be so drunk in a bit," I said as I facepalmed.

"I don't care, I still won!" He shouted.

An hour later.

"Boo!" Brian said as he scared Roger.

Roger jumped and let out a weird high pitched scream I've never heard escape his lips before. It sounded like a bit like Freddie's, but higher.

"Alright Rog, we really need to get you home," I said.

"But I want more beer!" He whined.

"No. No more beer. You're going to get yourself sick."

"Alright bossy," he scoffed.

"Whatever I am, you'll thank me tomorrow morning," I rolled my eyes.

Freddie was out like a light, Brian had to take him home and they had left a few minutes ago. Luckily Deaky wasn't drunk and he offered to watch the twins for the night, which I was so grateful for.

"Let's go," I said as I dragged him out of the pub.

The pub wasn't too far from our house, so we just decided to walk from Freddie's.

Three hours later.

"Go to sleep Rog," I said as I walked him on him still awake.

"What would you do if I told you I wanted more kids," Roger said. I knew he was drunk, but part of me thought he was sober.

"Are you drunk or sober?" I asked.

"Mostly sober, my heads hurting though," he said quietly.

"I mean, maybe we could have more but not right now. I just pushed two humans out of me like seven months ago. Maybe we could have more in a few years when the twins are older," I said as I laid down and kissed his cheek.

"I just- I dunno. I really like being a father. I love the kids with all my heart, and I'm so glad that I settled down with you," he said.

"Roger, two is enough for now. You're an amazing father, and I'm sure the twins will be very good to you as they grow."

"Same with you petal, you're an amazing mum. Sometimes I don't know what I'd do without you," he chuckled.

"Same here, but we should really get some sleep," I said.

He nodded and gave me a long and sweet kiss goodnight.

"Goodnight love."

"Goodnight Meddows."