chapter fifty nine;

An hour later...

We arrived at the pound not too long ago, and there were so many precious dogs around that I just adored.

"Oh darlings! Look at this adorable little one," Freddie said as he motioned us his way.

I saw a beautiful little golden retriever puppy behind a gate. I read the note card, and it said she was a female. I fell in love with her, and I knew Roger was going to as well.

"Oh my goodness Fred, she's adorable. I think I'll consider this one." I said as the dog was sniffing me through the gate.

"I'm excited to take care of her," Brian said.

Once we had gotten the puppy, we went to a nearby pet store and picked up some supplies for the next few days while she would be at Brian's.

"I like this bed, it's luxurious and she'll have a lot of space." Freddie said as he pointed to a really big bed.

"That seems a bit big for now, even when she does getting bigger that will still be big," I laughed. Brian was holding our new puppy and she was licking his face. He was laughed as she squirmed around in his arms.

Once we were done getting was we needed food, bowls, a collar, a bed, and a few toys we finally went back to Brian's to set everything up for the next couple days.

"Aw is that our puppy? Did you get her for us Bri?" Chrissie asked as she was petting the puppy.

"No, it's not ours Chrissie. Maddie got her for Roger's birthday. She's just going to be staying here until Roger's birthday." Brian explain and Chrissie nodded.

Chrissie came over and hugged me, "You're so good to him Maddie," she smiled. I hugged her back and we chatted for a while. Freddie had already left once we got there.

Of course, I was playing with Roger's new puppy while I could. Even though Brian did give me a key to visit her whenever I wanted just as long as I called him.

6:00 pm

"Roger Taylor speaking," Roger said on the phone.

"Hey love, the errands took longer than expected and I'm about to come home." I said into the receiver.

"Alright love. I missed you so much today I was alone for the whole day." I could tell he was frowning.

"Aw I'll be home in a few minutes and then maybe we can have some fun," I smirked. I could tell he was smiling through the phone.

"Alright babe, I'll see you in a few. One question though, why are you calling from Brian's house?" He asked.

"Oh I forgot to call you a Fred's and Brian's on the way home so I thought I'd stop by and use his phone."

"Alright I'll see you I love you."

"Love you too," I said as I hung up the phone.

I said goodbye to Brian and Chrissie and made my way home to find a clean flat with something smelling good.

I come through the kitchen to see Roger had made dinner from looking at one of my cookbooks.

"Rog this is-" is all I could say before he connected his lips to mine.

We enjoyed the rest of the night with each other's company.