chapter seventeen;

The next morning...

We were boarding the plane. Roger sat next to me again which I was really excited about now that we were dating. I saw a newspaper stand and decided to get one for the crosswords. When I saw the front cover, my mouth dropped.

It had a picture from when he was hugging me on stage.
It read:
Roger Taylor: publicity stunt or true love?

Roger saw I had an upset look on my face, he lifted my face up with his chin and he locked eyes. "What's wrong love?" He asked. I handed him the paper, trying to dry my tears as fast as I could, hoping he didn't see me tear up.

He got angry and slammed the newspaper on the ground. I could hear him swearing under his breath and he pulled me into a tight embrace.

"Don't worry love, I wouldn't give you up for anything. I care about you and it's taken me so long to realize it. I promise it wasn't a public stunt. Those dumbass reporters are always getting in on our personal lives." He said, giving me a kiss on my forehead.

"Thank you Roger, that means a lot." I said, smiling.

I ended up falling asleep on Roger's shoulder yet again. He didn't seem to mind. When I woke up he was looking out of the window, I could tell he was in deep thought.

"Rog? Are we almost there?" I asked.

"Yes dear, we are about to land actually. You woke up just in time." He said giving me a sweet smile.

As we landed, Roger intertwined his fingers with mine. We headed to luggage where he offered to get my bag. I thanked him as Freddie walked over to me.

"Hello darling, here's your paycheck for this last month." He said giving me an envelope.

"Thank you Fred, I'm happy to be working with you guys." I said giving him a hug.

Roger held his arm around my waist as he got out of the limo and headed into the hotel. There were people handling our luggage so both his arms were free. I had to say, they must've picked the fanciest and most expensive hotel in Phoenix. It was quite nice, a huge chandelier hung in the lobby.

Roger headed my way and handed me a room key. "Here's our room key, we can go up if you'd like." He said, smirking.

Our room key.