chapter one hundred eighty nine;

November 16, 1978

I headed downstairs with the twins in both my arms. I left Roger upstairs because I didn't want to talk to him this morning.

I sat down after I finished getting my breakfast. I saw Brian getting his, and he looked at me awkwardly.

"Maddie I'm so sorry about last night- I don't know what got into me-" He sighed.

"Brian, it's alright. Although I had to tell Roger and he's not too happy about it," I said.

Just then Freddie saved me, thank god. He got his breakfast and sat next to me and hugged me. He took Holly out of my arms and bounced her in his.

Brian continued to eat his breakfast awkwardly. Deaky came down to join us, and right after him was Roger.

"There you are my love, you nearly gave me a heart attack. Please wake me up if you leave the room, I even asked my mother if she had seen you," Roger said in a sweet toned voice.

"Mhm. Sorry," I mumbled.

Roger managed to squeeze himself between Brian and me, which I knew exactly why he did that.

"Maddie I'm sorry for last night, I shouldn't have yelled," he said. I looked up into his glossy blue eyes, which really looked like the ocean. I could tell he was on the verge of tears, and besides, I couldn't stay mad at him forever.

"It's alright Rog, Brian apologized anyways-" was all I could say before he connected his lips to mine. Somebody took Ben out of my arm, and I managed to get on top of Roger and straddle his waist.

I rested my head in the crook of his neck where I pressed kisses along, until I found his sweet spot.

"Alright children, please don't have sex in public," I heard Winnie say. I looked up at her and she was the one who took Ben out of my arm.

7:00 pm

"Hello my darlings! How are you doing tonight New York?" Freddie said in the microphone. The crowd cheered and clapped as Freddie moved around on stage.

"Well I hope you're excited, because we've got quite the show in store for you," Freddie smirked.

"One, two, three, four!" Roger shouted.

They opened with one of the newer ones on the Jazz album. I loved it, Don't Stop Me Now would become a classic someday I just knew it.

"I'm gonna woah woah woah woah oh explode. I'm burning through the sky yeah," Freddie sang. Roger backed him up, and I must say that it's quite the show.

They ended the song and the crowd roared.

"Time to go back in time to a little song known as White Queen," Freddie announced.

"So sad her eyes," began to sing.

I swayed to Freddie's calming voice, it was so soothing. He has clear talent, and I'm so proud of him.

8:30 pm

"We're going to be doing a bit of slow things for you," Brian said as he sat with his acoustic guitar.

The crowd clapped as they saw the band coming up at the front of the stage. I clapped as well, forgetting about how awkward things were between us.

"This is called Thirty Nine, please feel free to sing along," He said.

The band started playing the slower song, and I must say Freddie's voice suited it just as well as Brian's.

"Do you hear my call? Though you're many years away," Freddie sang.

Five minutes later.

"We have another slow song for you," Brian said.

A spotlight shone on Freddie as he sat next to Brian. Roger and John were in the shadows getting their instruments ready.

"Love of my life, you've hurt me," Freddie began to sing.

Roger came back behind the wings looking for me. When he finally found me, he wrapped his arms around me.

"I'm so sorry Maddie- I really can't stop thinking about what I did," Roger sobbed.

"Roger are you- Crying? No baby, it's alright I promise. Brian and I worked it out and there's nothing to be sorry for. You're just looking out for me," I said as I wrapped my arms around his neck.

My brought my face closer to his, and our lips met. I placed my hands in his hair and ran them through his long locks.

"Love of my life, oohhh, yeah oohhh," Freddie sang as the song ended.

"Get back out there and make me proud," I said as I pulled away.

"Yes ma'am," Roger smirked as he gave my bottom a little squeeze.

The rest of the night was amazing, and I'm so glad Winnie came to take care of the twins.