chapter one hundred fourteen;

June 30, 1976
Roger's POV

It was currently 7:00 am. I set up the table in the dining room for a date I've been planning for Maddie and I's anniversary. She didn't wake up until around 10, so I had some time to set up.

Luckily Fred gave me the day off for the day so I could spend the day with her. He's happy I want to make her happy.

I set up a red table cloth, I put rose petals along the table where we would be sitting. I cooked her favorite breakfast: waffles, eggs with bacon, and french toast. Maddie had a cool book that I learned how to cook out of.

10:30 am
Maddie's POV

I got out of bed and saw Roger was already gone. I smelled breakfast from downstairs, so I headed down there.

Wait.

Oh my, it's our anniversary day. I got Roger's present and I headed downstairs.

I saw him making some coffee, just the way I liked it. He set it on the greatly decorated dining table. Wow, he did this all for me.

"Happy anniversary petal," he said as he came over and kissed me.

"And to you Meddows," I said as I nuzzled against his face.

Roger motioned me to sit down. He handed me my favorite breakfast and sat across from me to eat his.

"It's time to give my gift," I said as I finished eating.

"Oh petal, I don't need a present. My present is right in front of me," he said which made me blush a little.

I handed him the box I had his gift in, he untied the bow and opened the box. His eyes went wide when he took out the painting of the two of us. It was one Freddie took one day in the studio, I had it painted for our anniversary. It said
Roger + Maddie = Forever.

"Maddie- It- It's amazing, oh my goodness petal. I love it so much. I need to hang it up right now." He said, there was a spare hook in the living room. He hung it up and admired it.

"Now it's my turn to give you your gift," he smiled as he gave me a box. I unwrapped it and saw that it was in a Gucci box.

"Rog- No. No. I can't accept it, it's from fucking Gucci. It must've cost you a lot," I said.

"Oh shut up and open it, I get expensive presents for meaningful people," he said.

I opened the Gucci box to reveal a brand new purse. It looked really expensive, but I loved the way it looked. It was black with a gold outline, god I loved it.

"Thank you so much Roger, Jesus it looks gorgeous," I said as I put it around my arm.

"Not as gorgeous as you love," he smiled.

That day we decided to go to the studio, even though Roger was off. I really wanted to go see the boys, and I didn't want Roger skipping a day because of me.

As we walked in, we saw Elizabeth in her carrier being watched by Deaky.

"Hey guys, Maddie wanted to come here today. She didn't want me to miss out on practice." Roger chuckled.

"Isn't that sweet? Come on, we're working on Somebody to Love. We need you to record the drums and backup vocals with Bri." Freddie said to Roger.

"Hey Maddie, I'm about to have to record my bass part as well. Do you mind looking after Lizzie while I do?" Deaky asked.

"Of course," I said.

Two hours later.

"Who's cute Lizzie? Who's the most adorable little girl? You are! Yes you are," I coo'ed.

Roger's POV

I stood in the doorway of the control room, god Maddie was so good with Lizzie.

It was as if she were meant to be a mum.