chapter one hundred fifty six;

October 11, 1977

"How are you feeling this morning petal?" I asked Maddie as she turned to face me.

"A lot better than the past days for sure. Thank you for taking care of me," she smiled.

"Of course, I'll always look after you." I said as I kissed her cheek. She looked so perfect, not in a hospital bed, but she's beautiful.

"The last time you ate was yesterday, should I get you something to eat?" I asked.

"Mm, that'd be nice thank you."

An hour later.

"Hey Freddie!" Maddie said as he walked in. He hadn't seen her since she was awake.

"Oh Maddie darling! How are you feeling? Are you alright? Are the twins doing alright? Oh I ju-" He said before she cut him off.

"Freddie, I'm fine. The twins are doing fine as well. I'm just a bit sore is all- but I'm alright besides that," she smiled. She is so strong.

Freddie smiled at her. He came and sat down next to her and chatted away. God they're inseparable.

"Could I?" Freddie asked as he pointed to her stomach. She nodded happily and grabbed his hand and pressed it against her stomach.

There was a knock at the door, it was the doctor.

Maddie's POV

"Hello Mrs. Taylor, how are you feeling today?" He asked.

"Oh a lot better, way better than the past few," I said.

"Well, the fellow doctors and I have talked about you going home. We want to try and release you tomorrow, but we'll have to see how well you'll be able to walk since you're going to be a bit sore," he explained. I nodded, Roger and Freddie came to both my sides and helped me sit up.

I couldn't really feel the pain, I felt a bit of it of course but as long as I took medication I was going to be alright.

"Okay Madelyn, try walking down the hallway a bit for me," he said.

I nodded and Fred and Roger and they let go. I was a bit wobbly at first from not using my legs in a while, but I was getting better as I tried.

Roger spotted me as I came back down the hallway. Of course when I walked a bit more, the pain started going more towards my back.

"Alright Maddie it looks like you're doing well, you'll be released first thing when you wake up." He said. I thanked him and we had the rest of the day to get out of the way.

"Do you think John, Brian, the girls and the kids could come? I'd really like to see them," I asked.

"I'm sure we can get them down here darling," Freddie smiled.

Roger grabbed my hand. I scooted over a bit on my hospital bed so he could lay next to me. He laid down and wrapped me in his arms.

"I've missed this so much." He said as he rubbed circles on my hand.