chapter seventy four;

September 13, 1975
Roger's POV
1:00 pm

It had been a few days since Maddie's accident. I knew that wasn't her fault and I felt truly awful because I couldn't help her at all. She's been complaining about her cramps these past few days, some even so bad that she couldn't even get up.

That Michael guy kept wanting to start conversations with her as well. I couldn't help that he is her ex boyfriend, but still I feel like he's getting a little too close to her.

Today we weren't recording, Maddie was downstairs talking with the other boys. I had all day to think to myself how I wanted to do this.

I headed downstairs to see them all talking on the couches. That was perfect because it was a distraction for Maddie.

"Hey guys, I forgot something so I'm going to head to the closest town. I've just got to pick up something quick." I told them.

"Oh alright, want me to come with you?" Maddie asked.

"No, no. It's alright I've got it. You stay here with Freddie and the others." I smiled and she nodded.

I grabbed the tour bus keys from Freddie and headed to the nearest town. They had just what I was looking for, that was great.

An hour later...

"That'll be 6,590 pounds please, sir," the lady said.

"Sure thing," I said as I handed her my card.

I grabbed the ring and headed back onto the bus, and I headed back to Rockfield. Now I needed to figure out a perfect time to propose.

2:30 pm
Maddie's POV

Roger had just gotten back from the town, I could hear the tour bus pulling up. I couldn't believe he actually drove that thing who knows how long to the nearest city.

Roger walked through the door, seeing me and Fred in the living room talking. The other boys went somewhere, but I'm not sure where.

"Hello love," Roger said as he gave me a sweet kiss.

"Hey Rog, what'd you need from the town? You were gone for a while and I was getting worried." I said. He gave me a sweet smile and sat next to me.

"I needed more shampoo, but they didn't have the kind I needed. I can use some of Deaky's," he whispered. I nodded at him. Freddie cleared his threat.

"Oops sorry Fred," I giggled.

"Don't be sorry darling, I think its adorable to see my two best friends together. Maybe you guys will make me an uncle someday!" He cheered.

"Freddie Mercury, you are something else," I giggled.