chapter one hundred seventy one;

Roger's POV

I had explained to the nurses why Maddie's dad needed to stay a bit longer. He left about an hour ago, but he was up all night talking to me. He was a very nice man, and I'm happy that Maddie got to see him after seeing him for god knows how long. He wrote down his phone number and address, I gave him Maddie and I's number and address so he could visit whenever we were out.

The doctor said she needed another day to rest and heal from giving birth. Today my parents planned on visiting, apparently Freddie yelled something about her giving birth in the streets and it was already in the paper.

It was about 9 am, Maddie was still asleep I honestly couldn't blame her.

I looked over to see Holly awake. Ben was still sleeping, but Holly was squirming around a bit in her crib.

"Whatcha doing there poppet?" I cooed as I picked her up out of her crib.

She stretched in my arms as she looked up at me. She had Maddie's big beautiful brown eyes. Honestly, Maddie showed me some of the baby pictures she took from her mom's house and she looked exactly like her.

The phone in the hospital room rung, I cradled Holly in my arms and went over to answer.

"Hello, you have a call," the nurse said.

"Send em my way," I said.

"Roger?" I heard Freddie say from the other line.

"Hey Fred, what's up?" I asked as I tended to Holly at the same time.

"Yes hello darling, I have to tell you something important. I know you just got to meet your baby twins, so I called Ringo and he agreed to help us out again while you can stay home with Maddie and the babie," Freddie said into the other line.

"What did I do to have a friend like you. Thank you so much Fred, seriously. I owe you big time," I said as Holly grabbed onto my index finger.

"Oh its no problem at all darling, Ringo is always willing to help us. Besides, you need time off to tend to you're family. And thank you for being there for Maddie this whole time, it really means a lot to me. Who knew a little date I would set you two up on would bring you two kids?" He chuckled. I honestly had the same question.

We talked for a few more minutes until Holly started crying. I had to end it early with Fred, so I could handle Holly.

"Don't cry poppet," I said trying to calm her down.

I started singing drowse softly, hoping it would calm her down. It were as if my prayers were answered, because she stopping crying.

Just then, Ben woke up. I think they were hungry if they were up this early. I really didn't want to have to wake Maddie up, but I was going to have to.

"Maddie, wake up. The twins need feeding," I said as I shook her lightly.

She opened her eyes and smiled at me. She nodded and reached her arms out for one of them. I handed her Holly first because she had been up longer.