chapter one hundred twenty one;

The same night.
9:00 pm

The party was getting better and better. God, I can't thank Freddie enough for this.

I saw Winnie coming toward me with Michael and Clare. I put on a smile and waved at them as they came towards Roger and I.

"Oh it's finally happened! Welcome to the family, Maddie. Finally, we don't have to see you two in the newspaper," Winnie said as she hugged me.

"Thank you so much Winnie, especially for letting me marry you're son. He's quite the charmer," I giggled.

"Oh and thank you for letting me walk you down the aisle, it means a lot for our new daughter in law." Michael said as he hugged.

Roger blushed a bit, but then came into the conversation. We talking to his parents for a few minutes, god did I love them.

I felt someone tap on my back. I turn around, regretting it so much.

"Madelyn. See you've gotten you're new husband," the wicked with said.

"Hello to you too mum," I said in a fake happy tone. I squeezed Roger's hand a bit to signal him, and to let him know I wasn't comfortable.

"What are you doing here?" I asked.

"You really think we'd miss our daughter's wedding? Never thought about it," she said.

Just at the right time, Freddie came.

"Oh darling there's more people who want to talk to you and Rog," he said as he noticed my mum. He knew I wasn't fond of her.

"Come on, they need you now," he said as he tugged on me and Rog.

"I'll see you around mum," I said. Roger wrapped his arms around my waist in front of her, trying to mess with her.

"I'll see you around as well," she said.

Freddie tugged us over to a group of people that congratulated Roger and I. We talked for a while until Roger decided we should get champagne.

"Cmon love, I need a drink. I've been dying for one since we came in here," he chuckled as he picked me up to set me in a seat.

"Could you get me one?" I asked.

"Of course, anything for you petal," he said as he kissed my cheek.

A few minutes later he came back with champagne, we made a quiet toast to ourselves as we had some alone time. I know it wasn't going to be for long, but it meant everything to have my new husband with me.

"To us," I said.

"To us."

We drank our champagne and talked. Since we were now married, things just felt so right between us.

"Listen precious, now that we're married I will get you anything you want. Anything that will make you happy. You are my number one priority, and I have to stay focused," he said as he caressed my cheek.

I looked up at him and smiled. I thanked him with a long and passionate kiss, I knew he loved when he got kisses.

"I love you Meddows," I said as I snuggled closer into his chest.

"I love you too petal, by the way you look absolutely fucking stunning in that dress," he said.

I giggled and bit and brought my head up to make eye contact. God his eyes were like being at the ocean, they were beautiful.

I nuzzled my nose against his and smiled. He pulled me closer and wrapped his arms around me.

"What now Mrs. Taylor?"