chapter eighty six;

"So Maddie, tell us a bit about yourself," Winnie suggested.

"Hm alright, where do I start. My full name is Madelyn, my last name is Freeman and soon to be changed to Taylor. I'm going to be 25 November the fourteenth. Freddie Mercury, the lead singer of Queen, is my best friend from college and he was the one who set me and Roger up on a date," I said, "We were talking and seeing each other more after the date and soon after that, he asked me to be his girlfriend in front of thousands of people."

"Oh yeah, I remember seeing that in the tabloid. There's a lot about you two and the band in there," Winnie said as she crossed her legs.

She told me some stories about Roger when he was young, and he was getting embarrassed. Some of the things were honestly adorable.

"He went to college to be a dentist, but then changed his course to biology. When the band took off, he decided to drop out." She explained.

"A dentist? He would've been Dr. Roger Taylor," I giggled and she nodded.

We talked until it was about time for lunch. Winnie went into the kitchen and started on some pasta.

"Need any help?" I asked.

"Oh that'd be lovely dear, could you just open that sauce can for me? I'll need it in a second for the pasta," she said as she drained the water.

"Sure thing," I said as I opened it for her. She put it on the noodles and then started making the plates, I helped her out by putting them on the table where we would be sitting.

"Where's Mr. Taylor?" I asked.

"Oh dear, he's a bit under the weather today. I told him that he would get to meet you another time," she said as she poured some tea in a couple of glasses.

She called the two siblings into the dining area so we could eat and talk over lunch, which they quickly ran in smelling the smell of the pasta.

"So Maddie, how's your mother?" Winnie asked while we were all sat down.

"Oh, I'm not too sure. I don't talk to her much, she's not the best person to call my mom." I said awkwardly.

"Well love, I'm glad to call you my daughter. You've made Roger so happy, and I'm excited you two are getting married." She said giving me a sweet smile.

I thanked her and Clare for being so nice to me. Winnie offered to show me Roger's old room.

"Here follow me," she said as she walked up the stairs.

I followed her into a room that had a twin bed in the corner. There was a smaller drum kit in the opposite corner, and there were posters of older bands on the walls.

"Wow, I never knew Rog was in another band," I said looking at the drum kit. It said 'The Reaction'.

"Oh yeah, that was one he did in high school." She said. Roger walked in and saw me and his mum getting alone together. I was so happy that his family liked me.

"Alright love, I think we should get going. If we wait we won't get home until late," Roger said as he wrapped his arms around me.

"Alright," I said as I turned around to face him.

I thanked Winnie and Clare for everything they had done for me today, Roger was right, they really did like me.

We headed out to the car and headed home.