chapter thirty;

It was the next morning, I was cooking breakfast for Roger and myself. I was making some waffles, eggs, and some bacon.

He woke up and walked into the kitchen with a little stumble.

"Hey babe, what're you making?" He asked as he yawned.

"You're usual favorite y'know, I said giving him a little kiss on the nose."

He kissed me back as I was finishing up breakfast. I heard a knock at the door, so I went to answer it as Roger sat down to eat.

I opened the door to see the wicked witch herself, my mother.

"Oh um, hello mother." I said wanting to slam the door in her face.

"Good morning Madelyn, I've come to meet your new boyfriend." She said with her posh accent.

"Um, who ever invited you to come to our flat? Hell, how did you even get our address?"

"I asked Freddie, I still don't like him that much. He still seems like a bad influence on you." She said inviting herself in.

"He's my best friend, don't you ever talk about him like that." I said getting more angry each second.

Roger walked out of the kitchen to see what was going on, that's when he saw my mother in the house.

"Oh hello, you must be Mrs. Freeman. I'm Roger, it's good to meet you," he said putting his hand out for her to shake.

"Please, call me Karen. I just came to meet you and ask my daughter a few questions." She said giving me a skanky look.

Ugh this wasn't going to end well at all.

My mum sat across Roger and I in a recliner. Roger sat next to me with his arms wrapped around my waist and he rested his head on my shoulder.

"So Maddie, how long have you two been dating?" She asked.

"A few months, since June 30th darling," I said trying to sound like Freddie, "I was on tour with Freddie and the band in America, and Roger got up from his drum kit and asked me out on stage." I explained, trying to make her mad. I know she doesn't like the way Freddie talks so it's fun to watch her get mad.

"Tour? Band? Darling? When did all of this happen Madelyn? Care to explain yourself?"

"Oh of course darling! The band Roger is in, Queen, went on tour in America. We left in May and came back at the end of July! We had a good hell of a time. The band is getting quite successful, and I work as the band's assistant. Freddie books a limo every time I go out with him darling." I said, trying to piss her off so much. Roger knew what I was trying to do so he tried to get in on it too.

"Indeed, Im very glad I have Mads as my girlfriend. I'm a very lucky man to have her in my life." He smirked trying not to laugh.

"Wait so let me comprehend this. Madelyn, you're dating a rockstar from one of those hoohaw bands. You went on tour with them, to America, and didn't care to call or tell me. You and Robert are going to big parties and getting drunk a lot?" She asked shocked.

"Oh of course darling! The only part you got wrong was the hoohaw band, Roger's name, and the getting drunk all the time. I specifically told myself I never wanted to talk to you again darling, so It'd be nice if you would get out of our flat now.

She gave me the dirtiest look ever. She stared at me, and I kissed Roger on the lips. Passionately. It felt so good to kiss him in front of my mother and watch her storm out of the flat. We even continued once she was gone.