chapter twenty seven;

October 2, 1974

Still Roger's POV

Today we were working in the studio. We were still practicing, as well as talking about Maddie's party here and there.

"So Fred, you're going to throw Maddie's party at your house?" I asked. Freddie just recently got a new house about a month and a half ago.

"Actually darling, Im afraid it's going to be too big to throw at my house. So I've rented out a bigger area to throw it at. I already have it for the day of her birthday, paid and everything. Now, when it gets near that time I'm going to pay people to help set it up." He said excitedly.

I think it's really sweet how Fred is always looking out for Maddie. They've been friends for years, their friendship is so meaningful to the both of them.

"Rog, what do you plan on getting her for her birthday?" Brian asked.

"Hm, I'm not sure yet. Whatever I get, it'll be better than all of your presents!" I teased. They rolled their eyes and disagreed.

"Oh darlings! We should have a hookup room at her party! In case anyone would want to y'know..." Freddie said clapping his hands together.

"Fred what is actually wrong with you." Brian asked as he sighed.

"Nothing darling, people just so happen to hookup at parties after being drunk. I mean, Rog has done it a bunch of times after gigs." He said as he pointed me out.

"Freddie! I haven't done that in a year! Mostly because I've been too busy caring about my girlfriend I love very much." I said annoyed.

"Well then why don't you tell her you love her. That'll impact her a lot." Deaky said as he picked up his bass.

He's right, I haven't told Maddie I love her yet. Mostly because I've been too nervous, but I want to a lot. Brian always tells me that I should make a move like that, and I should. People don't see me as a nervous person, but trust me, I can be a nervous wreck sometimes.

"I will. Soon. Maybe at her party." I said proudly.

"Well you better hurry because Fred told us that she doesn't think you love her." Brian explained.

Shit. I need to tell her soon.