chapter ninety;

November 11, 1975

After about a week of recovery, Roger finally got out of the hospital today. His parents and sister had visited a couple of times, which I was glad they could because of how hurt he was.

As we walked out the hospital doors, of course, there was paparazzi. They were asking about what happened or how he was doing, but then their attention went to my ring.

"Roger, did you propose to this lady?" One of them asked.

"Yes I did, and her name isn't 'this lady', it's Maddie. She's the love of my life." He said, annoyed at the questions and camera flashes.

I smiled and dug my face into his arm, hopefully it wasn't hurting him. I knew he wasn't hurting when he wrapped his arm around my waist.

As we got into the cab, more flashes were going off. This time they were mostly flashing towards my and my ring. We drove off with some reporters chasing us, but eventually lost them when we got far.

We got home and opened the door, luckily Freddie had been pet sitting Princess so she wasn't alone.

"It's good to be home," he smiled as he plopped on the couch.

"It is, especially with my future husband," I said as I sat next to him. He brought me closer and snuggled his head on my shoulder, smelling my hair.

"I've missed my alone time with you darling. Shit, now I'll have to buy a new car." he sighed.

"That stuff can be replaced anytime Rog, but you cannot," I said as I brought my hand to his.

He looked up at me and smiled. He kissed me and brought me into his lap.

"Now the whole world is going to know we're getting married," he whispered in my ear. I nodded, but I didn't care. I want people to know I'm getting married to the man I love, and forever will.

8:00 pm

Roger was already in bed, which I completely understand. He's tired and he misses how he used to sleep in our bed. I wouldn't blame him for wanting to sleep after being in an uncomfortable hospital bed for a week.

I was in the living room watching some television. Princess was snuggled next to me and was asleep as well. I was the only one who was awake at the point.

I decided to take one of Roger's beers, I knew he wouldn't mind. I popped off the cap and that's when I heard Roger shout from our room.

"Maddie stop taking my damn beers!" He shouted sleepily. I walked into our room and sat next to him. He looked up at me and pouted.

"It's just one Rog, relax." I said as I took a swig. He rolled his eyes.

"Fine. Only because it's almost your birthday though," he smiled.

"Oh god, I'm an old lady. I'm turning twenty five," I groaned.

"Not to old to marry me, now kiss me honey," he said as he puckered his lips out. I gave him a kiss and then realized what he said.

"Honey? That's a new one," I giggled.

"Well I'm going to have to call you other names than love or babe," he laughed.

He took me into his arms and snuggled me. We fell asleep in our signature position and slept the night away.