chapter fifty six;

July 1, 1975
Maddie's POV

Freddie officially announced that they would be going to Rockfield farm in September.

We were all eating breakfast until I found out something amazing.

"Guys I need to tell you all something," John said nervously.

"What's up John?" I asked.

"Well, before we came here, I may have um-" he paused, "Proposed to Veronica.."

Me and the other boy's eyes went wide.

"John that's amazing! Congratulations." I smiled.

John was showered in compliments from the other boys.

"Well since we are going to Rockfield in September, I called Veronica and told her about it. We agreed to have a small wedding before we go. We agreed to do it August 15." He said.

"I'm happy for you John, we will all be there to support you." Brian smiled.

"Yes, thank you. Sorry to leave you two boys out," he said looking at Brian and Freddie, "But Roger, would you be my best man?" John asked.

Roger's face lit up with excitement and he agreed quickly of course.

"Oh and Maddie, Vera was wondering if you'd like to be a bridesmaid." He continued.

"Sure, I'd love to. Tell her I said thank you."

"Will do, thank you guys for the support." John smiled.

A few hours later...

We have about two more days left in this paradise. But that's okay because I get to spend it with people I love.

Freddie seemed to be acting a bit weird, but I didn't think much of it. He wasn't talking about Mary as much, or bringing her wherever he goes like he used to.

Something just wasn't right.

There were a few guys he was looking at earlier in a weird way, but I didn't think much of it.

We just went on with the night and had a good time and I enjoyed having the boys there with us.