chapter fourty six;

December 31, 1974
New Year's Eve

"3... 2... 1... Happy New Years!" We all shouted over the television.

We were all at Freddie's once again, celebrating another party together with a couple of drinks.

"Maddie love, I've got a present for you," Roger said as he pulled a box out of his pocket. I knew he wasn't proposing because we haven't been together that long.

I opened the box to reveal my necklace that I had lost in the burglary. I jaw dropped as Roger spun me around to put it on me.

"Roger I- How did you get it back?" I asked happily.

"The police station called the other day, said they had found it and I wanted to surprise you for New Year's" He laughed and I showered he face with kisses.

"Thank you so much Roger, this means a lot." I said before he gave me a long and sloppy kiss on the lips.

We all decided to open up the champagne. I had only two glasses, while Roger had three along with 5 beers. I honestly think he was going to get drunk, but that was okay because I was driving tonight.

It was a few hours later. The first few hours of 1975. I decided it was a good idea to leave, with a stinking Roger behind me.

As I got in the car I heard a snore from next to me. Roger had fell asleep, but he was kind of cute when he snored."

We arrived home and I took Roger straight to the bed where he was somewhat awake. I was going to go get some water the head off to bed.

"Where are you going pretty lady?" I heard a voice ask from inside the room.

"Just going to get some water love, I'll be back in a minute."

"No stay, Im going to miss you too much." He fake pouted.

"Ugh fine," I said as I hopped back into bed.

Roger wrapped his arm around me, like we usually do in our sleep position. I knew he was drunk, but I never wanted to leave his position.

I felt safe in his arms. I don't care if he was drunk or not, he's my big teddy bear.

The Next Morning...

I went to the studio with Roger and listened to what they were thinking about for this new album. Freddie also called a meeting, so I didn't really have a choice since I was their assistant now.

"Well John Reid wants us to record this album without any distractions," Freddie explained to the rest of the band.

"What are we going to do about that? There's no where in London we can ever get peace and quiet," Brian asked.

"Well John said that in around August, we will be going to a farm way out in the country side. It's called Rockfield, and he said that we will have no distractions out there. He's also going to be sending someone named Paul Prenter around with us from now on." Freddie said.

I was so excited to hear this new album.