chapter eighty four;

The next day.
Still Roger's POV

At one point I went upstairs to try and get something from my room, but I heard Maddie bawling her eyes out. I couldn't bare to see her right now, so I went to go get the truth out of Michael. I needed to know if my fiancé is cheating on me or not.

He was in the kitchen, and when I saw him he was just sitting at the table reading a book.

"Michael."

"Oh hey Rog, I heard you and Maddie fighting upstairs. Did you call off the engagement?" He asked.

"No, I didn't. I felt horrible for shouting at her though, I called her a fake," I said as I put my head in my hands.

"Aw, that's gotta be tuff bud. I'm sorry. She's never cheated on anyone that I've known." He said.

"But you've cheated on her. Did she get together with anyone after you cheated on her?" I asked.

"Not that I know of, although I ran away with a girl I thought was the one for me but obviously wasn't."

"Then tell me the truth," I said as I grabbed his shirt collar, "Did Maddie cheat?"

He nodded rapidly and said, "I would like to get back together with her, but she said she couldn't because you'd be upset." That's when I knew, he was lying.

"Tell me the truth or you're fired. Did she or did she not cheat?" I said as I got closer to his face.

"No okay? No she didn't cheat. I wanted to break you two up because I want her back! When I found out you proposed to her I was furious!" He said. Fuck, I had already messed things up with Maddie.

"That's all I needed to know. Oh, and you're still fired. Pack your things up and get the hell out of my sight. Never and I mean NEVER talk to Maddie. Understood?" I said as I pulled him off his seat. He nodded and ran to his room so he could get his stuff. He was out of there a few minutes later with his bags and stuff. He went and drove off.

Now it's time to fix things with my fiancé.

I went upstairs and knocked on our bedroom door.

"Go away," I heard her say through her tears.

I walked in and shut the door behind me and it got her attention. Her eyes were red and puffy, and her cheeks were stained with tear stains. I hate seeing her like this because of my dumb arse making stupid decisions.

"What's next? Did you come here to tell me the engagement's off?" She sobbed.

I didn't say anything, I went to sit on the bed. She turned the other way, but I pulled her towards me. I held her in my arms and comforted her. She closed her eyes and a smile appeared on her face, god how I've missed that sight.

"He admitted it."

"Admitted what?" She asked.

"He wanted to break us up, so I fired him," I said quietly.

She sat up and looked into my eyes. She stroked my cheek before bringing her lips to mine. I brought her closer to me until she was snuggled against my chest.

She pulled away and put her forehead on mine, "You don't know how much I've missed this. I don't care if it's only been a day, I've needed this so much."

"Oh but I do know, I've missed my beautiful girl so much."

I'm finally glad we had made up.

Later.

I called my mum and Clare to tell them that I would be bringing Maddie over once we got back. They knew I was dating her, and I rambled about her a lot when I called them. They've also seen newspaper articles about us when we were in public.

"Hello?" I heard my mum say.

"Hello mum, how are you doing?" I asked.

"Hello dear, I'm doing fine. How are you?" She asked.

"I'm fine, thank you. I just wanted to tell you that I'll be back in London soon, and I'll bring Maddie along to meet you."

"That's great honey, I'm so glad you've found a girl you love."

"And is engaged to," I said surprising her.

"Engaged?! Roger! That's amazing! I need to meet my new daughter-in-law soon!" She said with excitement. She called Clare over so she could talk with me.

"Hey Rog what's up?" She asked.

"I'm bringing Maddie over soon, and I've proposed to her not too long ago," I said and heard her gasped.

"I'm so proud of you Rog, I want to meet my new sister-in-law. Please bring her over soon," she said excitedly.

I was so happy they wanted to meet her.