chapter one hundred fourty three;

Later that day.

By the time I got home, Roger was still out with the boys.

I decided I needed hint at my pregnancy, using food.

I made a lunch pasta with baby shrimp, on the side with baby carrots and baby corn. I needed to hint it well.

I still can't believe I'm actually fucking pregnant.

An hour later.

"Maddie, petal I'm home." Roger shouted. He went in the kitchen and that's when he spotted me setting the plates up.

"Mm, that looks good love." He said as he kissed me on the lips. Luckily the morning sickness had gone away.

"You feeling better?" He asked.

"Way more better than I was earlier," I said trying to hide my excitement.

"Cmon, I made us lunch." I smiled. We sat down and chatted for a bit.

"So how'd the reuniting go?" I asked casually.

"It went pretty well, I got to meet Ringo which I thought was cool," he smiled.

"That's great love," I said.

"What's with this? Why is everything... small?" He raised an eyebrow.

"Oh that? I just thought it'd be good," I said.

"Oh alright love, whatever you think is best."

"You can take another hint with the food though," I said getting nervous.

"I don't know petal, why is it all baby?" He chuckled.

"Roger..." I said getting an excited nervous wave hit me.

"Yes petal?"

"I'm pregnant."

That's when I saw his face froze. I honestly could still have his same reaction.

"We're- You're-" He stuttered.

"Yep," I said as I got up and sat next to him.

"Maddie- We're going to be parents! Oh my god this is amazing!" He beamed as he picked me up and pressed kisses around my face. I brought my lips to his and left a passionate kiss on his lips.

"We're going to have a baby!" He said again as he let me down. He was just as excited as I was.

"I know," I giggled.

He put his drumming hand on my stomach. He placed it there gently and smiled.

"You're telling me, my baby's in here?" He asked in amazement.

"Yes sweetheart, and I'm going to get bigger and fat so you might as well enjoy me being skinner while you can," I joked.

"Oh love, you won't be getting fat. You're holding our baby. The one thing that we'll cherish forever. You're carrying my baby. Wait no, our baby."

I smiled at him and placed my hand on top of his on my stomach.

"I love you."

"I love you too petal."

8:00 pm

"When do you think we should tell the others?" Roger asked.

"I say in about two weeks. I still need time to comprehend the fact that I'm still pregnant," I giggled a bit.

He came and laid down next to me. He lifted my chin so I could look into my eyes.

He wrapped his arms around me, letting his warmth comfort me as I tried to sleep.

The one place I never wanted to leave.