chapter fifty eight;

July 22, 1975

Roger's birthday was in four days, and I had the perfect present idea.

I am  going to get him a dog.

He's always been telling me about how precious golden retrievers are, and I've considered it.

I'm going to go to the pound in a few minutes, but I need to lie to get out of the flat without Roger knowing. Brian was coming with me, and all of the boys already knew I was doing it for him.

"Rog love, Freddie needs me to go run some errands with him. We are probably going to be out for the afternoon. I'll call you from his house when I'm about to leave." I said as he was eating his breakfast at the table.

"Alright love, but should I go with you? I need to make sure you're safe at all times. I can't let something like yesterday happen again." Roger said with a slight bit of worry in his voice.

"I'll be alright Rog, promise. If anything does happen myself or Fred will call you immediately. Sound good?" I said as I kissed his cheek. Fuck, why did something like yesterday have to happen a few days before his birthday.

"Erm, alright love. Just please stay safe. I love you too much for you to get hurt in anyway," he frowned.

I gave him a reassuring look and then gave him a long sweet kiss on the lips. Of course, Roger wanted to make it longer so he grabbed my waist and sat me on his lap.

"Rog, I need to go. I'm supposed to meet Fred in 15 minutes," I said as I pulled away.

"Alright, I love you." He smiled.

"I love you too," I shouted from the door.

I pulled the keys out and drove to Brian's house. Just for safety, I called Fred to see if he wanted to come. As always, he agreed, so I would have two men with me in case anything were to happen.

I arrived at Brian's house, and Freddie was soon there after me.

"So why did you darlings want me to come?" Freddie asked.

"Well, it was going to be me and Bri at the start, but I told Roger I was coming along with you so that I could get his present." I explained.

"And what are you getting him darling, another fur coat?" He joked.

"No, we are heading to the pound to pick up a golden retriever because Roger's been telling all of us how much he wants one." Brian said.

Freddie's face lit up with excitement and he started to jump up and down. "Oh my goodness darlings I can't believe you're getting him a puppy!" He exclaimed.

"Yep, and until Roger's birthday, Brian's going to be keeping him." I explained.

"I want to come over and visit the precious thing. I would offer to take it to my place, but I've got all the cats and they are already a lot." Freddie chuckled.

"Alright let's get going," Brian said as he started the car. I'm excited to see Roger's reaction to our new edition.