chapter one hundred fifty one;

August 19, 1977

"Happy birthday Deaky!" We shouted.

John was turning 26, boy was I happy. Little one year old Lizzie is walking around on the floor here and there, which I thought was so cute. Jimmy was right behind her.

"Time to break out the champagne!" Freddie cheered.

"Rog-" I said before getting cut off.

"I'm so sorry petal, I didn't know they'd have alcohol," he frowned.

"It's alright I guess," I shrugged.

"If it makes you feel any better, I won't drink any alcohol," Roger said. I kissed his cheek and sat back in my seat. The pressure pushing down on my stomach was heavy, but I have to deal with it.

There I was, sitting at a birthday party where there was alcohol and smoking. I felt so out of place, but luckily I had Roger who was giving up a night just for me.

"Oh Maddie- Darling, I'm sorry. I wasn't thinking-" Freddie frowned a bit. The other boys along with Chrissie and Veronica looked at me with a sympathetic look.

"Oh no- It's alright really. You all enjoy yourselves, I don't need that anyways," I said with a smile.

They all looked at me and proceeded to what they were doing. Roger gave me a reassuring smile and wrapped an arm around me.

"Do you want anything to drink?" Roger asked.

"Just a water s'all," I said.

He nodded and got up to get me a water, it really didn't bother that I couldn't have alcohol.

Veronica came and sat down on the other side of me to give me some company. Luckily before everyone started drinking she put Lizzie down to sleep.

"So how's it like being pregnant?" She asked. Chrissie came and sat on the other side of her.

"I mean the feeling's different really. I hated the morning sickness stage, but I got through it," I giggled a bit.

"Could I?" Chrissie asked as she hovered her hand over my belly.

"Of course," I smiled as Roger handed me my water.

"Did John and Brian tell you?" I asked as I looked up at Roger, he smiled at me.

"Told us what?" They asked.

"That we're expecting twins," I said it normally now that I've gotten used to it.

"What?!" They both asked in excitement, "They did not tell us that."

The other boys looked over at us.

"Told you what?" Brian and John asked.

"That Maddie's having twins," they said happily.

"Oh yeah, I thought I told you Chris," Brian said.

"You didn't." She frowned.

"I thought I told you as well Vera," John chuckled.

"No you didn't," she said as she looked back over at me.

I looked up at Roger, who was smiling down at me. I snuggled into his side and inhaled his scent.

This was the scent I was never going to forget.

"So how are the little sprouts?" Roger asked.

"Sprouts, that sounds so weird." I giggled.

"It does," he chuckled.

"They're just fine. They really want to meet their dad though," I said as I pressed my hand against his stomach.

"I'm glad, I really want to meet them as well." He said as he wrapped his arms around me.

"Aw, aren't they cute!" The others snickered.

I didn't care though, the love of my life was right in my arms.