chapter one hundred ninety seven;

February 17, 1980

I woke up groggily this morning, god I felt like I couldn't get out of bed.

"Rog- I don't feel too well," I said as I sat up on the bed.

"What's wrong love?" He asked.

"I feel like I'm going to-" I said right before I cut myself off to throw up in the toilet.

"Maddie, baby, are you alright?" Roger asked as he pulled my hair back.

"N-no-" I said before I threw up more.

"Well you know I've got to head to the studio to talk about this new album," Roger sighed.

"I know, I know. I'll be fine. I promise. Go on ahead, I'll be home to take care of the twins anyways," I said as I lifted my head up a bit.

"Please don't get them sick love, Ill be back in a few hours. I love you," he said as he pressed a kiss on the top of my head.

"I love you too," I said as I waved him goodbye.

After a moment, I heard the front door shut and lock. I rushed straight to the phone in need of a huge favor from my best friend.

I dialed his number, although it rang for a bit until he picked up.

"Hello?" He said.

"Freddie I need a huge favor," I sighed.

"Oh Maddie darling! Could it wait? I'm kind of with Paul at the studio-" he said before I cut him off.

"I need you to run by the market and get me a pregnancy test," I stuttered.

"Maddie- You've made me an uncle to another child how amazing!" I heard him clapping his hands.

"Freddie please, leave now before Roger gets there. I can't hint I am until I know," I said as I put my hand to my mouth.

"Alright, I'll be there as soon as possible. I'll come upstairs with your pregnancy test so you can throw up," he said.

I hummed and slammed the phone down before I ran straight to the toilet to let out last night's remainders into the toilet.

Please be here soon Freddie.

Twenty minutes later.

"Here darling," Freddie said as he came through my bedroom door.

"Thank you so much, please don't say anything to Roger," I said.

"I won't darling, your secrets safe with me. I've got to get going before the boys wonder where I am, update me later darling alright?"

"Of course Fred, thanks again."

He closed my door. I heard him making his way to the twins room and opened the door.

"Freddie!" I shouted.

He rushed back into my room with a worried look on his face.

"What's wrong?" He asked.

"You could take the twins with you to the studio, I don't need them getting sick," I smiled weakly.

He nodded and grabbed their car seats. I heard him shut the front door also locking it, now I could find out the results without waking them up.

Five minutes later.

I stood there at the bathroom counter staring at the test for what felt like ages.

The images of the positive test filling my vision. This time I couldn't hesitate, I had to tell Roger as soon as he got home with the twins.

I threw up once more, which this time I felt worse. Tears streaming down my face as the pained feeling came across my body.

I had to deal with it.

Three hours later.
Roger's POV

I unlocked the front door and let the twins walk in before me. They were holding each other's hand, supporting each other as they went through the door.

"Maddie I'm home!" I shouted.

She came downstairs with a bit of a smile on her face.

"Feeling better?" I asked as I kissed her cheek.

"I'm not sick Roger," she said.

"You were earlier?" I said in confusion.

"I'm pregnant."