chapter one hundred sixteen;

August 21, 1976
1:30 pm

Our wedding day was creeping up faster than expected. God in under two months we were officially going to be married.

I heard the phone ring, I couldn't get it so I asked Roger to.

"Rog can you get that?" I asked as I came down the stairs.

"Hello?" He asked.

A few minutes later he put down the phone and came to talk to me.

"Petal, Chrissie just had her and Brian's baby. Bri said we can go and visit if we'd like." He said. I nodded and got dressed.

An hour later.

"Say hi to Jimmy May," Brian said as he smiled at his new son.

"Oh my goodness, how adorable," I beamed.

I went to talk to Chrissie for a few minutes to catch up with her. It's been a while since I've seen her. Roger was holding Jimmy and cradled him in his arms.

"Want to hold him Petal?" Roger asked. I nodded and held out my arms for him. I secured him in my arms while Roger sat next to me and admired how I looked holding him.

"Ugh, this makes me want a baby now," he complained.

"After we get married love, after." I said.

Jimmy opened his eyes, he looked a lot like Brian. Oh my god he was so cute.

"He really looks like Bri," I said giggled a bit.

"He does, he has my eyes though luckily," Chrissie said.

I gave Jimmy back to Brian and he held him in his arms. Brian was going to make a good father.

"You two would make good parents," Chrissie smiled.

"We tell each other that a lot nowadays. We feel like we're going to be surrounded by babies," Roger chuckled as he held my hand.

Deaky and Freddie came in, for some reason we were always first. They got their turns to hold Jimmy. I feel like Freddie would be a great father if he was still with Mary, but I was abbot upset they didn't end up having kids.

I actually haven't heard from her in months. She said she would be a bridesmaid, so she was going to be at the wedding which was good.

An hour later.

"Alright, we're going to head out. I'm glad we got to meet your new baby," Roger said as he took my hand in his.

"Alright Bye Rog, bye Maddie," they said.

Roger and I headed to the car. We went home and I was all tired out. It was only 3:30 so I had no idea why I was already tired out.

"You alright petal?" Roger asked.

"Yes, just a bit tired s'all." I said as I shut the door behind me and hung up my purse.

"Just think, in under two months I'll be marrying the love of my life," he smiled.

"I can't believe it's so soon already. I can't wait to marry you Meddows," I said as I kissed his nose.

Come on Wedding day, come on.