chapter sixty one;

July 26, 1975
Roger's birthday

It was the day I surprise Roger with his new puppy. I was really excited to see his face when he finds out what I got him.

It was currently nine in the morning, but I didn't care. I wanted to see Roger's face when he saw his puppy.

"Rog wake up! You're older today!" I joked as he opened his eyes and groaned.

"Ugh babe, I thought you forgot. I was going to be glad if you did," He laughed.

"Even of I did forget, Freddie would've reminded me," I giggled.

We got out of bed and I made him his favorite for breakfast. Bacon extra crispy with eggs and waffles.

"How old are you today? 59, 60 is it?" I joked and giggled like a little school girl.

"Nu uh Mads, don't joke like that with me now. I already feel older by the minute," he teased.

We enjoyed our morning together talking. I loved it when we talked, there were some things I never knew about him that he admitted.

It was about eleven in the morning when I said, "It's time for your present!"

"Ugh no, you really didn't have to get me anything." He said.

"You're right, I didn't have to. But I wanted to." I said.

"Alright, alright. Let's go in the living room and you can give it to me in there." He said.

When he was out of the kitchen I ran straight to the phone and called Brian. He said he would be over right away with the puppy's stuff and supplies. Boy was I lucky for him.

I walked in the living room to see a Roger Taylor spread out everywhere on the couch. I laughed and sat next to him.

"We're waiting on your present at the moment Mr. Taylor." I said.

His eyes went wide.

"That means it's big. No Maddie, I can't accept it." He said.

"Well you're going to have to, because I think I see you're present outside." I said as I looked outside at Brian's car.

"My present it Brian?" He asked. 

"No silly, don't look. It's what Brian's bringing in. I got it for you a couple days ago and Brian's been keeping it until today," I smiled.

Brian knocked at the door and Roger opened it, his eyes meeting with the brand new puppy's.

Roger's eyes started to tear up, and he looked at me with a smile on his face.

"Y-You got me a puppy?" He asked as he was petting the dog that Brian had in his arms.

"Yes, happy birthday." I said as I went over to him and pecked his cheek. He pulled me into his arms and started pecking kisses all over my face.

We heard Brian clear his throat.

"Oh sorry Bri," I laughed.

"We've had a good time these past few days, but I hope she makes these next few years very good for you." He said as he handed the puppy over to Roger.

Roger and him talked for a few minutes before Brian said it was him time to go.

Roger closed the door and let down the puppy. She started running all over the flat.

"Aw Maddie, you really didn't have to go all out this year," he said as he pecked me on the cheek.

"I didn't have to, but I wanted to." I giggled as the puppy jumped up and licked me.