chapter fourty eight;

June 27, 1975
7:00 pm
(Major time skip ik)

Roger's POV

My one year anniversary with Maddie was in three days. I had to do the best to surprise her.

What can I do?

Book a flight to Paris tomorrow afternoon.

"Maddie! Come up here love!" I yelled from our bedroom.

She ran up as fast as she could. Her hair was all over the place. She looked funny, but it was so cute. "Yes Roger? Is something wrong?" She asked worriedly.

"Aw love, you worry too much. Don't worry nothing's wrong, but I need you to pack a weeks worth of clothes and anything else you need before tomorrow morning." I said as she gave me a confused look.

"Huh? Where are we going?" She asked.

"That's a surprise my love. Tomorrow we have a flight to catch at 2 pm. We will run by the studio to say goodbye." I told her.

She nodded and started to pack her clothes. She looked sneakily at me, and packed one of my Queen shirts that I just got. I let her take it because she looks damn good in my clothes.

"Roger where are we going?" She asked pecking at my lips.

"That's a surprise love, I can't tell you."

"Ugh fine," she said as she went to go pack more of her things. I already had my things packed which was quite surprising because I'm a mess a lot of times. I guess I'm just so excited to go to Paris with the love of my life.

After she was all done packing her things, we went to sleep earlier to get enough rest for the flight tomorrow. I wrapped my arm around her waist as she dug her face into my chest. I loved our sleeping position so much.

The next morning...

Still Roger's POV

"Alright love come on let's head over to the studio!" I said as I grabbed both of our bags.

"Alright, alright give me one second I need to put on my shoes.

I headed down to the car, and put out bags in the back. I watched her come out of the flat and I could tell she was a bit nervous.

She hopped in and I rested my hand on her thigh. She gave me a smile as she laid her hand on top of mine. God I love her to death.

We arrived at the studio to hear the one and only Freddie Mercury speaking.

"Oh hello darlings! Are you two about to leave?" He asked Maddie as he gave her a hug.

"Yes, but Rog won't tell me where we are going. I've tried everything," she pouted.

"Oh don't worry Maddie, you're going to love it. Just be glad you have Mr. Romantic as your boyfriend." Brian joked as Deaky laughed right after him.

"You two darlings get going! You can't miss your flight! But I promise Maddie, you will love it," Freddie reassured her.

We headed over to the airport, which wasn't that far away. Maddie was getting more anxious by the second, and he honestly looked really cute.

We went through security, and soon after that boarded our plane. I was so excited to see what Maddie's reaction was going to be.

"Alright passengers, welcome to your flight. We will be heading on our way to Paris, France. We will arrive there around 5:30 pm. Sit back, buckle up, and enjoy the flight." The flight attendant said.

That's when I saw Maddie's eyes fill with tears of joy. She clung on to my arm and gave me a kiss on the cheek.

"Thank you," she said softly as we took off.