chapter one hundred sixty five;

March 13, 1978

"Roger!" I shouted as I ran into his arms, forgetting about all of my surroundings. There were people at the airport who were staring, but I didn't care at all.

"Oh my sweet petal, I've missed you so much," he said.

He planted a long and passionate kiss on my lips. The feel of his touch makes me feel so comforted.

"Aw, look how big you are now," he said as he wrapped an arm around my stomach.

"They're almost here," I smiled.

"Maddie darling! Hello, how are you feeling?" Freddie asked as he came over to hug me.

"My back is killing me nowadays," I laughed a bit.

"Hey Deaky," I said after he said hello to Veronica and Lizzie. She's also gotten bigger these past months.

"Maddie! How are you?" He asked as he brought me into a hug.

"I'm doing well thanks, I feel like Princess is just about getting tired of your home, so I brought her home for today," I giggled.

"Ah, yes. She's been to our house many times. Thanks for keeping Veronica company, she's lonely when I have to go out like that," he said. I told him your welcome and moved on to Brian.

"Hey Bri! How've you been?" I asked as I pulled him into a hug.

"I've been great thanks, how are the twins doing?" He asked.

"They're going to come out soon I swear, they're killing my back," I said.

I talked to the boys a bit more before going on with Roger.

Roger's POV

"So Maddie, have you been home since I left?" I asked.

"Only today to bring Princess home. I wanted to wait for you before I slept in there," she said as she looked out the window.

I rested my hand on her thigh, she blushed a bit. Guess she was going to have to get used me being on her all the time.

I looked over at her. Her hair was tied up in a messy bun, her tight fitted dress suited her so well. God I missed this sight so much.

"You're so beautiful," I said.

"Not right now I'm not," she laughed a bit as she looked down at her belly.

"Of course you are petal, you always will be. Pregnant or not, you'll always be my beautiful girl," I smiled. She looked at me and intertwined her hand with mine. Guess she wasn't used to the compliments as much.

"I love you," she said as we pulled up.

"I love you too petal." I said before I got out the car to unlock the gate.