chapter one hundred twenty five;

November 14, 1976

Great, today was my birthday. I am 26 now, Roger turned 27 in July.

I pretended to be asleep as I heard Roger get up next to me, he stumbled a bit but then stood still.

"Wake up petal, it's your birthday," he said as he shook me a bit.

"Huh, it is? Already?" I asked, fake yawning.

"Mhm, I want to give you my present, cmon love." He said. He took my hand and led me to the kitchen table where I saw french toast.

"Mm, looks good Meddows," I smiled. He smiled and grabbed a box, it was flat so I knew it was nothing big which was good.

"Open it," he said excitedly.

I opened the box and slipped out a vinyl. It was Queen's new album, 'A Day at The Races'.

"Roger! Why do you fancy me like this? I love it so much, thank you!" I said as I wrapped my arms around him. He wrapped his around me and held me in a big hug.

"Of course love, you'll be getting one of the first ones every year," he smiled.

We stopped for a moment. Freddie was at our door, we knew as he burged through the door.

We ran into the door way and saw him and Paul standing there. Paul wrapped his arm around him and smiled a snarky smile.

"Tour starts January 7, ends June 22. Just thought I'd come here to notify you darlings," he said. Paul eyed us down and walked away with Freddie.

We closed the door and looked at each other. What the hell just happened?

"Paul's been fancying Freddie a lot these past few months," Roger said sighing.

"I know, just be glad he stayed out of his way at the wedding. But I must admit, Freddie is acting strange. He's never acted like this at all since I've met him," I said uneasily.

"What if Paul is trying to get in the way of the band?" He asked.

"Freddie's smarter than that. I really hope he goes down the right bath though, we can't bare losing Freddie." I said.

"Paul's evil, he's obviously up to something. We can't let him know that we're on to him though, or he may try coming after us," Roger suggested. I agreed and proceeded up the stairs.

"Wait!" I yelled halfway up the stairs.

"Petal? What's wrong?" Roger shouted worriedly.

I hurried down the stairs and threw myself into Roger's arms. I started to cry into his shirt not knowing what else to do.

"What's wrong my love?" Roger asked with sadness.

"F-F," was all I managed to get out.

"Cmon petal, use your words," Roger said, his voice soothing me a bit.

"Freddie didn't even say Happy Birthday to me," I said with a few more tears running down my face.

"Oh my god, you're right. I swear, I'm going over there right now and sh-" He said before I stopped him.

"No Rog, don't worry about it. Paul probably had something to do with this. He's practically stealing Freddie and not telling him anything that has to do with us," I said wiping my eyes. Roger nodded and came to comfort me on the couch.

"I'm so sorry love, I know Freddie is your best friend and everything. He just hasn't been himself lately, he'll come around soon," Roger said. His every word soothing me down more and more.

I laid my head against his chest, listening to his beating heart. Princess came and joined us, managing to snuggle in between us.

"Roger, I love you."

"I love you too Maddie, you've still got that french toast I made earlier. You should eat it before it spoils."