chapter one hundred fourty five;

June 30, 1977

"I've decided we don't have to get each other anything. We've already got everything we've ever wanted awaiting in your belly," Roger said as he kissed my cheek. He rested his hand on my stomach and smiled. I loved the feeling of his comfort.

It was our anniversary, this was the best gift we could've ever gotten.

"Are you going to be this protective for the next nine months?" I giggled a bit.

"Of course I am love, I have to protect my beautiful wife and our unborn child," he smiled as he nuzzled his nose into my cheek.

"What did I do to deserve you?"

"You became friends with Freddie Fucking Mercury." He chuckled.

"This is all because of him," I said hesitatingly.

"We should make him the godfather," he said.

I agreed with him. If it weren't because of him, I wasn't going to meet the love of my life.

"Agreed."

Later.

"Hey Freddie," I heard Roger say on the phone.

"Well Maddie and I were wondering... would you like to be the godfather of our child?"

I could practically hear Freddie screaming on the other line. Roger had to put the phone down for a second while Freddie screamed because he almost busted his ear drum.

"No problem at all Fred, we need you to be the godfather. You're the reason everything is happening."

They talked for a few more minutes and eventually he hung up. I sat at the kitchen table drinking some water, Roger said it's the best for me.

"Jesus, I still can't believe you're eating for two." Roger chuckled.

"I know, it's crazy. You don't know what it feels like to have a tiny human inside of you but honestly it's a bit tiring," I laughed a bit.

"I would think so," he chuckled as he came and sat next to me.

It was a bit strange, I was only 6 or 7 weeks and the baby was already starting to show that I was pregnant.

Weird.

I really didn't think much of it though, I was just happy I was having a baby with the man I'll love forever.

That night.

Roger was already asleep, but I was wide awake. I made Roger think I was asleep though. I honestly kept thinking of the life I have.

I always thought I had the perfect life. I always knew other girls wanted the life I have. Shit, I knew girls deserved the life I had.

I know I have Roger, and Queen and their wives. They were my best friends. I swear if I hadn't met them, my life would be ordinary.

I don't like ordinary.

I always feel like something is wrong. I don't feel fully safe with the life I have right now.

Especially now that I'm pregnant, I'm going to be paranoid for a while, so will Roger.

Since I had gotten raped in January, I've been a lot more paranoid.

I know good lives like mine always end up with something bad happening.

I wonder what mine will be.