chapter sixty five;

August 15, 1975
10:00 am

John and Veronica's wedding had come so soon, I was excited for the both of them. I honestly still couldn't believe that he had finally proposed to her.

"Babe cmon, we've got to be at the chapel by noon," Rog called from down the hall.

"I'm coming! I just need to grab my dress and heels!" I shouted as I hid the dress in its cover and held the shoes that were in a box.

When I came out from the hallway, I saw Roger telling Princess to be good and not naughty.

"You behave alright? If I see anything around this flat that is torn up or not in the correct place, you're going to be in some trouble missy. Understood?" He said. Before he could say anything else, she gave his face a few good and slobbery licks.

"Agh Princess! I love you too, but you need to get your puppy breath check out," he laughed.

"Alright Rog, let's head out." I said as I walked toward the door.

He opened it for me and we headed to the car. He opened the back of his car so I could set my stuff down. I hopped into the passengers seat and he started the car.

We sat in silence until I decided to turn on the radio.

That's when I got excited. Keep Yourself Alive was on.

"Keep Yourself Alive! Keep Yourself Aliiivvvveee!" I sang.

"All you people Keep Yourself Alive!" Roger sang along as well.

"There's your drum solo," I smiled.

"I think I could've done better then," he scoffed.

"I think it was just fine," I smiled and grabbed his free hand.

Not long after that, it was about half eleven when we arrived at the chapel Veronica and John were going to have their little wedding at. They mostly invited their family and close friends, which by the looks of how many people, they had a lot.

I went back into the bridesmaids room and put on my dress.

"Ronnie can you help zip this up?" I asked her as she was helping the two others with theirs.

"Of course dear, I still can't get over how beautiful you look in this dress." She said.

I had to admit, I liked the way the body wrapped around my curves. It got like a glove.

Soon after I got my dress on, I went to the hair stationed where I was going to get my hair done.

"What look are you going for today?" The lady asked.

"I'm going for a lower bun with a braid coming from the top going to the bun." I explained she nodded and started doing her magic.

Once she was done, I was amazed. She had done such a good job.

"Thank you so much it looks amazing!" I said happily.

Maddie's hair for the wedding

"Of course darling, should I get your makeup started?" She asked.

I nodded and she started.

The time was half one by the time she finished my makeup, the wedding officially started at three. I still had time to get settled for the moment. I was most likely going to be crying in front of everyone.