Chapter 85: Final Battle Of The Blazing Emperor!

"At Zane and Lisa's house"

Everyone sits around the tv with bowls of cereal wearing pajamas

Nate: So...what's on the agenda for today?

Lindsey: Akala Island resort?

Zane: Today is a free day.

New reporter: Breaking news!

They all look at the tv

Lisa: What is it now?

News reporter: The worlds fifth ranked trainer, Ryoto Koro, and the worlds fourth ranked trainer, Gou, have just announced they are retiring from the Masters Eight!

Zane: What!?

Ruby: What's that mean?

Lisa: It means grandpa is gonna stop battling on live tv.

Ruby: Aww.

Nate: Dang.

News reporter: The two trainers said that before they retire they will finish the match they had years ago. But Gou forfeited the match due to an injury he and his Incineroar received, it was a ranked match, and even though Gou forefeited the match Ryoto refused to take the rank of number four.

Lindsey: My parents told me about that match. It was the also day Rose started the team battle World Championships.

News reporter: The match will be held at two p.m. at the grand arena of the Alola region, aka the Manalo Conference, where Alolas first pokémon league champion Ash Ketchum was crowned. Be there!

Zane: It's nine a.m. right now.

Nate: I can't wait to see this! This is gonna be epic!

News reporter: Ryoto's private jet landed at the Akala Island airport, and is now on his way to the training room he requested in the grand arena. No one will be allowed to see him until the match is over.

Nate: I'm so there! I'm gonna head there and challenge Ryoto to a rematch.

Lindsey: No one is allowed to see him. There are going to be guards to stop anyone from getting in to see him.

Nate: You really think that'll stop me?

Lindsey: Knowing you, nothing stops you.

Lisa: Are you really go to there this early?

Nate: Of course not. I'm gonna eat first.

"At Manalo Conference"

Ryoto and Infernape run on treadmills with weights on their wrists, ankles and around their stomachs. Ryoto wearing a dark shirt with a sleeve torn at the left elbow, and baggy black pants.

Striker enters the room

Striker: So you finally decided to retire. Good for you.

The treadmills stop, Ryoto and Infernape get off them and look at Striker

Ryoto: What did you come here for?

Striker: Just to ask why? Why didn't you ever challenge me to a title match?

Ryoto and Infernape walk over to pull up bars and do pull ups

Ryoto: Isn't it obvious?

Striker: Not following you.

Ryoto: Not that it matters anymore after todays match. I didn't challenge you to a title match because I wanted to defeat Gou, then number three, and two, and finally take your title away.

Striker: Seems a little sad.

Ryoto: I'm going to finally defeat Gou today. I will never forget the day we lost to him, and how he broke our winning streak.