Chapter 132: Oblivia In Despair! Part 2!

"At the ruins in Lightning City"

Gio and Monferno hold their stomachs

Samantha: You okay?

Gio: Sure, I guess.

Monferno gives a shaky thumbs up

Samantha: Gio, look at this.

Gio sees two large shaped images burned into the grass taking the shape of Pokémon with a circle between them

Gio: Wow!

Samantha: It is said that the legends of Oblivia are told from here. Now tell me what do you think that image means.

Gio: It looks like two Pokémon are fusing together.

Samantha: Correct, and that can be seen in here today. In the wild it's very rare to see two wild Pokémon fuse, and even more rare to see the fusion sphere.

Gio: Wow!

Samantha and Gio get back in the car and drive off

Samantha: So where did you say you were heading again?

Gio: Shine City, to meet up with Professor Stone.

Samantha: Funny coincidence, he's my grandpa.

Gio: What!?

"With Natsu"

Natsu and Connor see a fusion Pokémon attacking miners and firing Hyper Beams in random directions

Natsu: That looks like a Gourgiest and Hydreigon.

Natsu and Connor cirlce the fusion in the air

Natsu: Weavile, let's go!

Connor: Dragapult, go!

Connor lets a Dragapult out, and Natsu lets Weavile out

Dragapult: Pult!

Weavile: Vile!

Weavile lands on Dragapults head

"With Gio"

Gio looks at a photo on a tablet

Gio: What is this?

Samantha: Paintings I found at the museum in Core Town. I think they tell the story of how Oblivia became peaceful. But they were severely damaged over the years.

Gio: Hmm.

Samantha: All this research will get me closer to becoming a Pokémon Professor!

Gio: Huh? So what made you want to become a Pokémon Professor?

Samantha: Part of it was to stay close to my grandpa. The other part is mainly because of Connor.

Gio: Connor?

Samantha: We grew up together in Shine City, and childhood friends. We both really loved Pokémon and wanted to be strong Trainers. I was the one who taught Connor about Pokémon battles, but once Connor made his debut as a Trainer, his talent appeared front and center, and before I knew it, he became the Champion.