Chapter 140: Raikou!

"In Gara Laboratory meeting room"

Natsu and Gio look at the holographic monitor showing Raikou, Entei, and Suicune

Gio: So why are you showing us this?

Natsu: Same question.

Professor Gara: Because Raikou has been spotted in the forest protecting Pokémon, and I want you two to investigate.

Natsu: So we get to meet Raikou!?

Gio: Really!?

Professor Gara: That's right.

Natsu: So where has it been appearing? I know they're from Johto, but they've also appeared in other regions.

Professor Gara: This Raikou has been popping up in Johto, near where it made it's very first appearance along side Entei, and Suicune.

Gio: So it's near Ecruteak City.

Natsu: Why there?

Professor Gara: Gio, I'll leave the explanation to you.

Gio: Long ago there was a tower in Ecruteak City that got struck by lightning and engulfed in fire, three Pokémon failed to escape the flames. When the flames died down, Ho-oh appeared and gave those three Pokémon new life in new bodies, giving birth to Raikou, Entei, and Suicune.

Natsu: Wow!

Professor Gara: Suicune is said to travel the world, purifying water. Entei is said to make volcanos erupt when it roars. Raikou is said to live in thunder clouds.

Natsu: What are we waiting for! Let's go!

Blake enters

Blake: What's with all the noise?

Professor Gara: Gio and Natsu were just about to head to Johto to meet Raikou.

Blake: Sounds like something you two would do.

Natsu: Want to come along? I'm sure Eevee would have a blast.

Gio: Yeah, c'mon Blake.

Blake: But I've got homework to do.

Professor Gara: Then do it on the plane. Blake, you have all the time in the world, have fun.

Blake: Okay, fine.

"In Ecruteak City"

Blake: The streets are so full

Natsu: Sure are.

Gio: This city is always so lively.

Tigra: Gra.

Eevee: Vee.

Natsu: What's wrong?

Blake: You okay?

Tigra and Eevee point at a fried donut stand

Gio: Oh course they're hungry.

Cresilix becomes visible on Gio's shoulder, and points at the donuts