Guardian Skeleton [Dream!Sans x Reader]

A huge thanks to SIColorsOfTheRainbow for the request! I didn't know the AU so I went on a limb Andy used Wikipedia. I'm sorry if I did it wrong.

Browsing through the many different universes drawn out by Ink, Dream caught his eye socket of one particular drawing. A human on the surface of the demension of UnderSwap. THe Human was in a feeble position and on their bed with a small pool of water around their face, seemingly leaking from their eyes.

Dream looked over at Ink, who was looking at his drawings. The drawing came from the whole collection of UnderSwap drawings, of course, but this drawing was new. Ink didn't notice his gaze so he simply looked down at the sobbing human. What could be wrong? Wasn't the surface better than the underground? 

Dream made the decision. His curiosity and empathy got the better of him. He was created by happiness and joy. It was agony throughout his whole being to see one so unhappy. That's why the world of genocide did not Please him.

You were sobbing to yourself on your bed. Those stupid jerks in school. They'd pay sooner or later. Karma never got to you. But you had a sinking feeling somewhere out there, maybe in an alternate reality, humanity was better. Life on Earth was happier and better than the dark, blended, almost opposite reality it was to you.

You saw a flash of light. You hardly acknowledged it. Probably your stupid parents or stupid sibling opening the stupid door to get you to go eat you're stupid dinner, no matter how many times you'd scream in their face that you weren't hungry.

You just layed there with an annoyed look, covering yourself with your blankets. From underneath the pile of soft things you screeched out with your broken voice:

"I already told you, Mom, I don't want your Meatloaf!"

Dream was confused. Meatloaf? Right, a human thing across most universes. A meal. Nutrition. That was besides the matter. Something was wrong with you, he hated seeing someone sad. He sat on the foot of the bed, waiting you to escape your cocoon of comfortableness.

There was a weight right next to your foot. Wait a second. Mom never would take the time to sit on your bed and wait. Dad and your sibling wouldn't either. What's going on? You lifted the blanket to see a skeleton in some fairy tale like gettuo on your bed. 

...

Okay life, what did you do? Were you drunk or something? High? Nah, there wasn't a speck of cocaine or marijuana or whatever around this place. This had to be reality because you don't sleep. 

"Who are you?"

Ah the cliché question. But what wasn't cliche is that there was a freaking magical skeleton wearing little suns in his clothes sitting on your bed. You swore you heard the skeleton chuckle.

"I think I should be asking you questions more than me, human. I don't like to know your name."

Dream smiled as wide as his jaw could stretch, hoping the human would mimic this action. But, he failed. The human rose an eyebrow Andy sighed as I felt accepting that this was not some stupid dream. Pun not intended.

"Well for starters I'm Princess Pixie Dust from Fairy LAnd Of to spread joy to this misreble world starting with my own school."

Dream watched the human roll her eyes. So perhaps this Human wasn't as accepting of the situation. Well, he was literally made of joy. He chuckled again.

"Maybe I should ask a better question. What's got you so upset? You said the world was misreble, and you mentioned school. Is it school?"

School was a place where humans go to learn, expand their knowledge, and it eventually gives them jobs. It was a complicated system, how humans work the surface interdemantionally wide. But Dream was beginning to understand. 

You raised both eyebrows. Smart Skeleton. Probably a figment if your imagination. Eh, why not? You had no friends anyway. It felt as though in another place, in another time, you wouldn't be so alone.

"Yep, right on the money mister bone to be wild."

You heard him snicker, and he raised his phalanges up to his jaw to cover himself politely. WOw he must really be appreciative of a terrible pun. This skeleton became one hundred percent more, hold on let me get my inner tumblr out, HASHTAG RELATABLE BOOOOOIIIIIIIIII.

You had to admit, seeing someone so much as smile in your presence when was a nice feeling to have. Better than being treated like garbage or scum that deserved to die just because they were not a perfect heterosexual, but bisexual. If you aren't just roll with it. Roleplay. Heh.

"Well, little human, it seems like your smiling at your own joke."

Dream watched as your lips smiled even wider hearing that. He watched your face flush and your fingers fiddle with themselves. Humans weren't like monsters, urn yet they are so similar. Reactions being one similarity.

"Well, someone has More than empty air in their cranium. I'm gonna just a a rib laughing to hard."

Dream watched you roll your eyes again, but this time it looked almost playful. He lifted your spirits, he could feel more of the happiness and joy emitting off of you. He done his job, but why didn't he want to leave?

You let out a sigh. You knew this was was silly, you knew this was childish, but you had to say it anyway. You reached your hand for his bony excuse for fingers.

"Thanks, I needed someone to smile at me."

The warmth of a human hand made his grin sweep wider than before. He had no soul to cherish the moment with, but he did have joy. The happiness and joy inside his being was astronomically high. He placed his 'thumb' over your hand.

"I'm glad I could be that being."

Fluffy? Check. Dream sans? Somewhat check. It was a nice request though and I am proud of it. Sorry if it is wrong, I'm a bad author.

~Eva