I wasn't there, sorry [Reaper!Papyrus x Abused!Reader]

SORRY FOR LACK OF UPDATES IM KINDA GETTING THINGS FROM LEFT AND RIGHT SK PLEASE BEAR WITH ME!!! I'm a terrible author. Sorry.

Papyrus had been taking over lots of shifts for his brother, Sans, recently. That means he's back ennui overworked and he is feeling really broken soul wise. He hates deaths that are painful, but since he is taking Sans's work he has to deliver the hurting souls their final breaths.

Papyrus hates inflicting pain on mortals.

You were an abused little girl who escaped death twenty times. Your "parents" beleive you are everlasting, invincible, perfect to use as a toy for anything. It's  like your a little video game protagonist who can't really die and just comes back with the save point.

But you wanted to die.

Right now, you were terrified. There were knifes, lots of cutting. Scrapes, lots of blood. Cuts, lots of vision fading. It hurt. It hurt almost too much to bare. The dizzying pain you were forced to endure often. You'd bunk you'd grow numb to it, but no. You never had.

Papyrus tiredly sees a soul ready to pass. A trembling soul ready to give up its mortality almost as if It craved the death he'd bring. Papyrus sighed as he floated towards the soul, leaving his realm to the living to see how he could force upon death. The sight was... unsightly.

Blood was all over you, two demons he can hardly called mortals grinning above you holding bloody knives, whips, and pulling st chains they tied around you. The soul looked as if it was ready to die a million years ago. He watched the soul go from a fright enduced white to a calm blue as the mortal lost consciousness. This was his chance to try and lessen the pain this mortal would feel. 

Death in one's sleep was his favorite. It was painless and the mortal was already at peace. But with what he could see, there was nothing peaceful about your life. He took his scythe and slashed it through your soul, breaking it free from your body and allowing it to float out of the living world into the realm of the dead.

You woke up to see you weren't yourself. You merely were a blue boost of yourself with lots of red spots over all of your abuse spots. Let me rephrase that. You were a red spirit with very small glimmers of blue shining through the red and a blue face.

"Mortal, are you alright?"

A very concerned skeleton in the Grimm reaper's robes was standing next to you, carrying a scythe. He looked concerned for you. He looked like he pitied you. Some emotions tjst never were gestured towards poor Abused you.

"Am I... dead?"

Papyrus sighed. Of course he had answered this question many times. He had failed this mortal. They deserved to know everything they desired until he accompanies them up to heaven where they deserve. Up with Miss Toriel until she reincarnated your soul into another life. Hopefully a better life.

"Yes, Mortal. Now I must accompany you up to heaven. Where all the good children go."

You look at him, oddly smiling. Wait, a smile? Oh. So is that what smiling feels like. So you don't have Do deal with your parents anymore? That is heaven. And this skeleton freed you from your lifelong misery. You needed to repay him somehow. You rush up and close the distance between you two with a big, giant, greatful, emotional, I'm running out of adjectives hug.

"Thank you."

Papyrus was extremely confused. He failed to reap you at the right time and made you go through much more misery than intended AND deserved. Why were you thanking him, much less hugging him? But... the hug felt nice. He decided to hug back.

"I... don't get why you're thanking me. But... you're welcome Mortal. Now, let's get you to heaven."

Reaper papyrus needs a lot more love than he gets. I'm sure you agree with me, Reader. COMMENT IF YOU AGREE WITH ME!!!

~Eva