Strategy [NaJ_ Error x Shy!Reader]

I HAVE AN IDEA SO Black_Shadow_Rose BUCKLE UP BECAUSE STUFFS ABOUT TO GO DOWN!!!

You sat in th bleachers. It was an away game at UnderHigh and you tagged along because your Father was the boy's basketball coach for your school. Having that kind of power of being a coach's kid made a lot of guys want to hook up with you. There's no break from the constants flirting. You hated it.

That's why you refer to keep to yourself. Stay alone. You hated the constant flirting, harassment, and the fake friends. You did focus and learn a lot about basketball. You like to analyze the coaching techniques of the other coaches. It helped your Dad too. 

You kept your eye on the coach, trying to see what he was planning. The UnderHigh coach was very offensive. When they had possession of the ball, they dominated. But defending they were weak on and relied on certain players to take back the ball and pass it to generally the same players. Each play was generically the same. It was quite boring when a coach had no originality or strategic maneuvers in his plays or players. It's easy to read him like an open book.

You do notice, however, the fact that he's passionate about what he does. He works hard and he loves what he says doing. He has enthusiasm, completely the opposite of your dad. He works becuase he works. Everyhting is so serious with him. The coach looked like a lot of fun.

The game ends before you know it. You sneak off hidden in the crowd so your father doesn't find you and you wait outside the doors on the Visitor's side. He seemed like a fun guy. Maybe if you give him some helpful advice he could be the best coach ever, unlike your Dad.

Lucky for you, the coach walked out only a moment after you started waiting there. He was with the player he relies on a lot. They lost, but they still were in good spirits. They seemed like they were fine with losing until tournament, like the majority of other teams. It don't matter until competition. You placed a gentle hand on his shoulder.

"Uh, Mister Coach?"

The coach turned around and the other player did as well. They had many similarities. There was no doubt that the player was the coach's son. The player had a glare one his eye. He steleod forward and you timidly stepped back, running into the wall. He didnthe cliché bully pimento you against the wall thing.

"You're an Academy Brat. What do you want?"

Oh yeah. Your school was a private school with uniforms. You were forced to wear yours right Now. You gulped And tried to find your confidence, the confidence you had to sneak away and be here in the first place.

"I-I wanted to give some advice on the strategy! Your team was lacking the defensive aspects and I wanted to help!"

The coach seemed interested in what you had to say. He placed his hand on his son's hounded and gave him a look, dismissing him with the rest of the team. That left you and the coach. You sighed in relief as he walks away. 

"Are you here to insults my coaching or what, girly?"

He crossed his arms, clearly not amused or believing you brought any good in talking to him right now. This just stressed you out a little bit more. You inhale and exhale, finding your confidence one more.

"No sir! Not at all! I just noticed our defense not being up to the standards of your offense, Rich is the best in our district! Daddy can't  even compare to that! I just want to give you advice to bring up your defense and make the game more fun for all the players and not a select few."

The coach rose an eyebrow before chuckling a deep chuckle. You watched him do this, calming down a bit. He stopped with a smile, looking down at you. He took out a card and flicked it out, extending it towards you.

"I'm Coach Error. After school we have practices. It would be fun to see how a frail little thing like you would be as an assistant coach."

You had stars in your eyes. Your dad never let you so much as watch practices with his team! Only attend the game and scout strategies. You were right about thinking this coach would be a lot more fun than your dad. You took the card with a great big smile, looking st the number on the card. Memorize it? Yep!

"Coach Error? Well I'm (Your name). And if you want help beating my school's team and every other team here just ask Me. I know everyone's tactics! And if you want to be champions, you have to be unpredictable. That's how we won five years in a row."

Coach nodded and then brought you over, under his arm. You were confused until he started giving you a giant noogie. You start giggling and he start singing laughing. He throws you out to the side and gets another good look at you.

"Can't wait to see you after school hours, (Your name)."

Then he turned to leaves with his team waiting for him. You smiled and watched him off, then you heard a familiar voice book out your name. Your dad. Oh no, he would be mad your hair is messed up.

Oh well.

I think this was decent. Nothing more. I'm sorry.

~Eva