Heartache [StoryShift!Papyrus x Reader]

"HUMAN, I AM SORRY. BUT I WON'T LET YOU OUT THERE. NOT WITH ALL THE DANGERS I'VE SEEN."

You looked at your caretaker for the longest time. You have grown a rather strong bond together here in the ruins. You had tears running down your face. He had one orange eye and an orange magic on his palms, ready to attack if needed. 

He would show you how to cook speghetti, and you showed him how to bake mom's special chocolate chunk oatmeal cookies. He would show you how to solve puzzles, create puzzles, and even talk about how he loved puzzles. You would teach him mind tricks, tongue twisters, and other kind of "puzzles" you knew from the surface. He would talk about his past, how much he regretted it yet how much he doesn't want to turn back. You would talk about the surface. He would show you magic, he would train with you. You would learn along with him. Learning new tricks. 

"Papy, Please... I..."

Your curiosity was getting the best of you. After five long years you still can't help but wonder what was on the other side of that door. Papy stood in your way. You held your hands to your chest, crying hard,

"I don't want to fight you!"

Papyrus was also crying. This human by far had been the kindest, the most fun. He filled that void in his SOUL from when he left his own brother. But now you wanted to leave him, like everyone else who fell down. He didn't want to force you to prove you could surivive, he genuinely did not want to lose you.

"THEN STAY. WE CAN MAKE ALL KINDS OF PASTA, ALL KINDS OF COOKIES. WE CAN BE FAMILY, THIS TIME FOREVER."

You could see his magic faltering. But it regained its original, intimidating glow and more. You felt a concentration of heat underneath your feet. You jumped out of the way before the magic orange bones slashed up. One on the edge grazed your arm, leaving a small gash on your arm. You wince and hold it, falling to your knees.

You have tears spilling down your cheeks. Papyrus gasps and runs to your side. You look up at t him with tears in your eyes. Crying. That's all you were doing. That's all you were focusing on. You're crying and he's crying.

"(YOUR NAME)!!! OH DEAR I DID NOT WISH TO HURT YOU!? LET ME SEE! LET PAPY SEE!"

He was frantic over the small wound. He moved your bloody hands. Wow, that wasn't a small wound. That was a pretty big gash in your arm. You wince as he traces over it with his cold hand. Your breaths calm down as he pulls you in a big hug.

"I AM SO SORRY!!! I NEVER WANTED TO HURT YOU!!! THIS IS MY FAULT!!!"

You hug him back, burying your face into his ribcage. Through the purple robes, you can feel some of his bones. Heh. You could never get enough of this tall skeleton's hugs. You cry into his gown.

"Papy, I don't want to go anymore."

Papyrus calms down at your words. He lifts you up, moving you into his arms bridal style.  He smiled his normal, skeletom grin at you. His eye is dying down. He holds you close to him. You can hear his SOUL quivering from the heartache.

"COME ON, (YOUR NAME), I NEED TO TREAT THST NASTY WOUND."

As he carries you out of the basement of the ruins, you look back at the large purple doors. There was no way you could leave Papy. Whatever was out there, it wasn't worth it to leave Papyrus all alone again. 

So you let him carry you upstairs to heal your arm.