Who's the Baby Bones? [Science!Sans x Reader]

Because I'm impatient and request-less. Also he deserves more love than he gets. Nerds gotta stick together amirite?

You walk back into the lab with baby bones in your Arms. Why were you holding a baby skeleton in your arms? Well, you were the apprentice to Doctor Sans and his little brother, papyrus, needed to be put down for a nap and Sans was too busy.

So Papyrus liked to be walked around before sleeping. He didn't cry, wail  or anything bad like normal baby humans do. He was a perfect monster baby for you, a human apprentice. Yes, you fell down the hole into the underground and met the doctor. 

So you decided to show Paps around the lab again. No harming chemicals were around and it was just pure research today. You walke dinto the lab and you could tell Paps was a little drowsy. Not too drowsy but still near his nap.

You see Sans stressing at his desk in the corner, pulling out his nonexistent hair. You smile weakly over at him. He really needed a nap more than papyrus. Sure, it was just research. But trying to figure out the basic factors that create the alternate universes, seeing that they are actually a thing with the old research of W.D Gaster uncovered.

You snuck up behind him, Papyrus slightly alert and giggling little 'nyeh's in his almost sleep. Sans was too focused to notice. He did that's sometimes. He would just zone out into his work and not even realize time lapse. It was kinda cute.

You lifted the sleeping Paps off of your shoulder and you slowly placed Papyrus over his paper. It took him accidentally scribbling on Paps's little footie to realize his papers were covered in baby feet.

"Wha- (Your name)? Why is papyrus here in the lab? Shouldn't he be asleep?"

You giggled, seeing the metaphorical bags underneath his eyesockets. Paps was giggling, halfway awake. He actually dozed off after a few 'nyeh heh heh's. Sans looked at his little brother on the desk, smiling his jawline to bits. You placed your hands on his shoulders.

"Maybe you should follow his lead, Doctor."

Sans whipped his skull around to look at you. You reached over and picked up Papyrus again, placing him back on your shoulder and bouncing the tiny skeleton a little bit. It was obvious that Sans was confuzzled.

"Some rest would suit you well."

Sans sighed, standing up from his desk. He knew better than to argue with you, despite the fact that you were his assistant. You pushed in his chair with your free arm and followed him upstairs, out of the lab, and outside. The lab was disconnected from the house for hazard reasons. We needed Pappy healthy, he was all Sans had left.

You opened the door for sans and he tiredly walked in. You closed the door after you. The living room had a couch and a television, connecting to the kitchen. Upstairs there were two rooms. Sans's, And Papyrus's nursery. 

You slept on the couch. You didn't mind. You also woke up extra early to make the doctor breakfast and you keep an ear out for Pappy at night. Sans needed all the rest he can get. Plus you run on six cups of caffeine a day. You're fine.

"Upstairs, Doctor. I'll put Paps down."

You glance at the sleeping baby on your shoulder. Sans just obeys. He walked up the stairs before you, once reaching the top going the opposite direction. You walk into the nursery and place Paps in his crib, giving him a nice little kiss on his forehead. Paps 'Nyeh's in his sleep.

You smile and exit the nursery, closing the door quietly.you walk over to the Doctor's room. You crack the door open and see him messing with his tiny chemistry set at his desk in the corner of the room. You sigh.

"Doctor Sans."

You had a stern voice. You never use his name, only 'doctor'. When you say his name, he knows he's in trouble. He sighs.

"You are a bigger baby bones than you brother when it comes to being stubborn. I will not watch you work yourself to the bone. And before you ask, pun intended. Now, stop depriving yourself of the rest your body needs and go to sleep."

He walks over to his bed and sits down on the side. You know his brain was swimming with questions. Maybe soon he can have these answered. Perhaps there is some way you can learn more about the multiverse...

But for now, your task was to get the doctor to sleep. He laid down on top of his blankets. He was an adorable klutz when he was sleep deprived. You walk over and pull the covers out from unde rhim and place them over his body. He snuggles up to the blankets where your hand were, unconsciously.

You hear a soft snore. You smile and place your hand on his cheekbone. You feel his bony phalanges reach up to your fleshy human fingers. He sighed.

"Goodnight."

You smile at the words he muttered out.

"Goodnight."

But little did he know you weren't going anywhere,

Like it? 

~Eva