A Basketball Nerd? [JaN_Nerd!PJ x Reader]

JaN stands for Jock and Nerd. It's the swap version of the NaJ AU. That just means it swaps everyone around from role of Jock and Nerd. PJ Is a nerd, Fresh is a jock, Exetera. SIColorsOfTheRainbow suggested I do this. So here we go Rainbow. I told you once this won't get lots of reads but here we go.

You were hanging out in the library, waiting for your friends to show up. Goth was the excitable bookworm that was extremely dorky while Palette was the cheerleader boy everybody loved because he was so damn sexy. You'd never guess that unlikely nerd and jock pair to get together, but they did. 

Well, now they were together you didn't hang out quite as often as you'd like. They probably stood you up again. You sighed, putting down the book you were reading about sports down on the desk and about to leave when another skeleton you didn't know approached you.

"Uh, Hi. Are you done with that?"

The skeleton was adorable. He had a star in one of his eyesockets and his bones were black, complimenting the long sleeved, plaid, hot pink and yellow shirt. He wore baggy navy blue sweatpants thst were supposed to resemble jeans and his skull looked like an ink puddle with some straying away and floating above his head. You didn't even know how that worked! But he was adorable and like in any cliche romance novel, a blush crept up your face at how adorable this kid was.

"Oh! I... uh... Yeah! Here!"

You slide the book over to him. Honestly you just grabbed a random book off the shelf and started reading it. This skeleton looked scrawny yet was a little short, but not too short. He looks like one of those track stars to be honest.

"Th-Thank you! Uh, what were you reading on?"

He looked at you with those curious eyes again. It was like having an arrow pierce your heart. Was Cupid in the room or something? Well, it was almost February. Just three months. Valentine's Day was coming early for you!

"Oh! Well, you see...."

You glance at waht page he opened to.

"Basketball?"

His eyesockets lit up with excitement, the most adorable little smile spreading across his face. He used his legs swiftly to pull himself in a chair and he leaned over the table, showing you the page and talking on and on.

"You're  basketball fan too!? Well, who wouldn't be? It's one of the best sports ever! It takes hand-eye coordination and it takes actual skill and strategy, completely opposite to football which is just people colliding with eachother! It's different than all the other sports. I mean, one on. Every sport has some sort of knockoff to it. Baseball has softball, cricket, kickball, and thousands of others! Basketball is unique and it's the most fun to watch with a simple scoring system! It's also fun to play! Basketball Is without a doubt the best sport!"

Listening to him rant on like that just made him more captivating. He's very passionate about basketball for a short little skeleton. You couldn't help but smile and feel the passion along wo5 him, agreeing to every word.

"Do you play?"

He stopped, looking in your eyes. He knew so much about the game and obviously it was his favorite sport, so he had to play it sometimes, right? He flushed a little bit on his cheekbones and averted his pupils from you. OH MY GOD THAT WAS CUTE!!!

"No... I'm too weak and short. I'm no good... My little brother is great st sports though! Oh! I collect basketball cards! I brought some with me! Wanna see?"

Now that's just too adorable. He had a basketball card collection. You nodded enthusiastically, wanting to see how passionate he is about this. The cute stranger seemed so happy and he took out a binder from his bag, which was super duper thick. He opened the first page.

"The first twenty pages are all limited edition! The other eighty are just normal! Feel free to look through it!"

You take the binder and look at all the cards. Some of them were foil and holographic, some were even signed by the player. It must have taken a lot to get these cards. You flip through the first few pages in awe. Then one card catches your eye.

"Hey, Who's this?"

You point to a skeleton basketball star. The cute stranger leans over more, now on the very edge of his seat, he gasps when he sees who you're pointing to. He jumps up and runs around to look over your shoulder and explain, slamming the chair on the ground. The actual librarian shushes him but the cute nerd ignores it.

"That's My Dad! Error used to be the best monster basketball player ever! Then he met my Papa. He gave up his basketball career to settle down and have me and my brother. He actually works here at the school! He is a science teacher when he doesn't coach athletics! He's the head basketball coach too! Isn't he great!"

He squeals. He obviously idolizes his dad. You look at the photo again. Oh! You have Coach Error for second period science! The athletics periods for the school are first and seventh period, so that's when Coach Error doesn't have a science class to teach. You hear him talk about his kids all the time. He brags about how good an athlete his youngest son, Cil, is. He also brags about the good grades his older son, PJ, gets and how he would make a great play-by-play announcer. Wait, was this PJ!?

"PJ?"

He stops and looks at you cutely when hearing his name. That confirms it. This little cinnamon roll that has to be protected is PJ. You seriously needed to talk to Coach Error sometime. About PJ. Like, if he's single and if he wouldn't mind if you try and woo him~

"You know my name?"

You smile as he cocks his head. So kawaii.

"Coach Error is my second period. It's nice to finally meet you."

He smiles wide. You stick out your hand and he gladly shakes it. This basketball obsessed cutie has a grin that could cure cancer. You give him back his binder and the bell rings. You both look at eachother with panic. 

Next period just started.

I hope you liked this. I really tried to explain how JaN PJ would be. If you like this AU and want me to write more and explain how the characters changed leave a vote and comment. Thank you!

Evangeline Trivia: I prefer nerds over jocks because they're so damn cute and dorky and I can relate more.

~Eva