CHRISTIIIIIIINE [NaJ_Fresh x TheaterKid!Reader]

I'm sorry I didn't get a onshot out sooner! I was reading other books in my reading list and got inspired. I finished the "My Love"yanberry book and I'm thinking of doing one for fresh. Debating if having a yandere or not... hmmmm....

You squeak to yourself. You were alone in the auditorium after school, checking the casting call. You got the exact role you wanted! Front and center, leading female! What production was your school putting on? Well... BE MORE CHILL!!!

The musical, of course. Even though the play was better the songs were so catchy! And getting the role of Christine was awesome! You get to have a guy flaunting all over you for the whole production and you are one of the only girls who isn't smitten with sex! 

Christine is a role you wanted to be in real life. Not some Musical theater nerd who absolutely loves acting. Which Christine also is. You actually sung her song "I love play rehearsal" for your audition!

So you were so happy you couldn't stand yourself right now. You were jumping around even excitedly on the stage. After school. With nobody around. Just dancing on stage so happy. Wait, who was that in the doorway!?

Fresh was just walking sround school. He wanted to see the casting call simply out of curiosity. He was also taking tech theater this semester so he would be working the backstage. He wanted to see if he needed to avoid any of his many bullies.

So that's how Fresh got here, watching this adorable girl geeking out on stage about her role. Fresh didn't even know the production yet, so he assumed she basically got the role of Juliet or something else important. 

The awkwardness of her just staring at him was bringing a cold sweat on the back of his skull. He looked around, trying not to let him pupils make eye contact. Thst would make this even more awkward. But he felt felt he had to say something.

"H-Hi. A-are you als-so checking the casting call?"

You blinked, then relaxed. You think you knew him. He was the quote unquote nerd who PJ took interest into for a while then just ditched for some hot transfer student. Poor guy. Fresh, his name was? Yeah, you think it was Fresh.

"Oh, yeah. I got the lead female role! Christine! EEEEE!!!"

You squeal again, falling off the stage gently. You purposely fall and land on your feet like a kitty cat. You have a copy of the casting call in your hands. Why make him go through the torible of walking up there when you can show him one of the mass copied printouts? Unless he wanted one. Then WHOOPS!!!

"Christine? Wait, so they're putting on Be More Chill!?"

Fresh had a wide smile on his skull. Be More Chill was one of his favorite musicals! Ironically, it wasn't from Japan. He wondered who would be the SQUIP, considering his voice is unique. A high schooler would have torible getting the voice down of a mature quantum computer. He also though of how ironic it would be if PJ did theater and got the role of Rich. He would fit the role, despite his tall height.

"YES!!!"

You twirled around, not feeling eembarassment anymore. Fresh scanned through the list and saw that nobody who bullied him was on this list. Of course. All the jocks do sports, not theater. Duh. The one time where stereotypes help: they tell where jerks are.

"Wow! I can't wait to do the lighting effects! During The Squip Song I want to make it epic when Rich is pursuading Jeremy."

Your eyes lit up and you mouth went Agape. He knew the musical!? That's perfect! And he said he was working on the lighting? He must be in tech theater! Thst made you so happy! You got a friend helping you out for, behind the stage!

"Well, I can't wait to work with ya!"

You stuck out your hand profoundly. Fresh took it and you both shook hands. His bony fingers were a little odd, but who cares! You made a new friend today, AND you got the role of your dreams! What could be better?!