Heartbeat [UnderFell!Sans x Reader]

The comic inspired me

You were snuggling with the skeleton in the couch. This world, this underground. Everyone was so hostile towards eachother. Everyone attacked one another. Everyone hated eachother. Everyone acted tough when in reality, everyone just wanted someone to make it all okay. You realized you were that person for this skeleton.

He would let his guard down around you, the fallen child who showed kindness to others. Flowey grew accustomed to Sans, the skeleton in your arms. Flowey was your true best friend down here.

"Heya, sweetheart?"

The skeleton looked up at you, with his confused and curious face. It make you smile and your heart warm up every time. His skull was laying against your chest, as if he had ears and he was listening.

"What's this?"

He must be talking about your heart beat. Seeing this curious side to him always made him seem even more adorable. You smiled down a tree him as he looked up at you with that inspired face.

"That, Sans, is my heartbeat."

He nodded, listening closer. It just made you even more aware to the situation. He was pressing the side of his skull into your bosom. A widespread blush flushed on your human cheeks. Sans looked up at you again.

"Huh. Sweetheart? Why is it getting even faster?"

You use your pointer and middle finger to check your pulse on your wrist. He was right, your heartbeat was getting significantly faster due to your flusteredness. You tried to giggle away the embarrassed feeling.

"Oh, ha ha. My heartbeat quickens when I'm feeling extreme emotion like fright, embarrassment, shock, or extreme joy."

You explain as calmly  as you could. Sans was focusing on your wrist my where you recently checked your pulse for your own heart rate. He was confused on what that was for, obviously, but he refocused his attention back at your eyes.

"So... are you still scared of me?"

He looked heartbroken to hear that. Well, SOULbroken. Skeletons don't have hearts. He mustn't have missed what you were aiming for. You shake your head, that polite smile still playing at your lips.

"Of course not. I'm extremely happy to be here."

You hug him closer, pushing his skull back into your bosom. Sans is startled by this action, looking up at you. His SOUL was glaming inside his ribcage and he had a bright red blush on his cheekbones. He saw your eyes close in comfort and that smile you reserved only for him on your lips.

Sans chuckled softly before relaxing, focusing all his attention on that heartbeat of yours. It was quick, but slowing down as you got more comfortable. He was starting to think you lied to him and this was just embarassment. Oh well.

 Sans soon drifted off to sleep.

Fluff enough for ya?

~Eva