Two Birds on a Wire [NaJ_Nerd!Fresh x Nerd!Depressed!Reader]

Completely based off of the song above. Yes, this is a song fic. But not a poem like I did before. Kind of like N's request. I just love this song.

Stanza One: Kindergarten

Two Birds on a Wire

You and Fresh sat next to eachtoher on the curb of your culdesac. Every so often a stray, lone car would curve around the bend trying to get to it's destination. Wether it was to leave the neighrborhood or get home, it was still a car.

One tries to fly away, and the other

You stand up, wanting to run after the car as a game. You giggle, standing up like the tiny kinder you were. You were about to chase the car all in good fun when you felt something curl around your tiny wrist. You turned and looked in your best friend's eyes.

Watches him close from that wire

"(Nickname)? Whatcha doin?"

Fresh was curious. Did something happen? He was enjoying time with his best friend, just the two of them peacefully sitting on that curb. If they didn't want to stay there with him, well... he would just go do whatever they wanted anyways... but he likes this better.

"I wanna chase that car! It's my favorite color!"

He says he wants to as well, but

Fresh looked in your eyes. They were filled with excitement, curiosity, and childish fun. The same kind of bewilderment by the world that Fresh should have. He sighs, unable to stop then smile from taking over his teeth.

"Sure, oh look! Another car! Let's chase that one!"

"Okay!"

He is a liar.

They both sprinted off to chase the car, which had a dog in the back seat barking at them. All the more reason to chase the car as far as your tiny legs would carry you! You ran out of energy and crashed to the yard of whatever House was closest. A breathless fresh collapsed next to you. You both stared at the sky and held hands.

I'll beleive it all. 

I won't  let go of your hand.

I'll belive it all.

There's nothing I won't understand.

Stanza Two: Fifth Grade

Two Birds on a wire

You were supposed to be at lunch, but you wanted to go to the library. There was a book you wanted and only one copy. You had to get it before Alphys! You wanted to read it with your very best friend!

One says "Come on!" And the other says "I'm Tired"

Fresh was following his friend, who was dragging him by the wrist to the library. He would rather go to the cafeteria where he could possibly sit next to his crush, PJ, or his other friend Alphys. But if you wanted to eat in the library And read, he would be right behind you. He sighed, but you didn't notice. Fresh stopped, ire day of running. Why did you need the book anyways? Since when did he choose where you go or what you do? Fresh was tired, in more way then one. You were yanked back with Fresh. You looked back at him.

"Fresh? Why did you stop? The Library is right there!"

You pouted at him. Fresh shook his skull and sighed. He slipped his hand out of your grip and looked at you. You were taller than Fresh, but Fresh was better at giving looks. So he gave you one. 

The Sky's Overcast, And I'm Sorry

"(Nickname), I don't want to eat in the library."

You were surprised for a moment. Fresh, never once, would disagree with you. He would always follow you wherever you wanted to go with thst big smile on his face. You were getting to be a little spoiled and bratty.