I Should Have Helped [Disbeleif!Papyrus x Protector!Reader]

Can I just *hugs him* there we go. Poor bab. He needs moar love.

You were another protector of the various AUs. Ink had made you because the ammount of alternate universes was escalating since the fangirls had started making their own. Error was having trouble destroying enough to make it at equalinerum again.

There was one alternate version of a genocide of the omega timelines that shattered your soul watching it. Every day you have to watch the same events unfold and it was just... hurt. What was it called? Well. It was called disbelief.

In disbelief, Papyrus is the only survivor and he has to take Sans's role in trying to stop Frisk at the very end after being the only person spared. He would succeed often, but when he fails and frisk finally wins the timeline resets and he must fight frisk from the begining yet again only to trie himself and have her win yet again. There's an alternate, more common version of this called despair and it is Sans forced to go through this. But... seeing someone like Paoyrus go through this just shattered your very compassion.

This time, Papyrus was just about to lose yet again. Frisk was about to cut him down with that knife of his. You had finally had enough of this. You couldn't take it anymore. With careful precision and your weapon in hand, you blasted yourself into the AU.

Papyrus gave up. The human wouldn't give up. They were too determined. He hung his skull and stood on his knees with his hands on then ground. He wore his dead brother's jacket on his shoulders, he could see the light. Undyne, Sans... he would be there soon. Sadly.

That's when he hears something. He looks up and sees someone with a staff in heir hand and a furious look in their eyes. They were protecting him from the human. What did he do to deserve this? He had a sad smile as he wipes a spot of dust gushing from a crack in his femur and orange tears spill from his eyesockets.

You take your staff and grab it at the end. You press a button to and it transformed Into a sword made of pure plasmatic energy. You slice through the human. The human glitches out a fazes out of existance. Fun fact: the sword ink made you gave you the ability to erase a creation by slicing through its soul. Like an eraser. You shouldn't have killed frisk, but you were too focused on the safety and well being of Papyrus to care.

Papyrus watched you turn around and put your sword-staff away. A kind smile directed at you as  you bend Dow in front of him, reaching out and wiping his tears away from his eyesockets. Papyrus reaches out for your hand but his ulna bone is practically shattered. It hurts too much.

"Hello Papyrus. I'm sorry I never stepped in sooner. Here, give me your arm."

You take out a pencil from behind your ear. Papyrus slowly gives you his arm. You roll up Sans's jacket to see many cracks Inside of him. You take the pencil and start sketching back where bone should be. Ink gave you the pencil and the sketch ability just in case you hurt or kill someone you weren't supposed to. But you don't think you'll be giving Frisk life again any time soon.

"Th-thank you..."

Papyrus smiles at you sadly again. He must be so lonely in a world where everyone died. It made you pity him even more, we more than you already do. You think about it. Ink wouldn't mind if you stay here as a home but leave for duty, right? Yeah. You were positive he wouldn't mind.

"How about I stay with you, Papyrus. So you won't be lonely."

Papyrus looks in your eyes. Being lonely, that's all he felt when he realized Sans was never coming back. There was no way anyone could replace that gal in his soul where his brother was... but having a freind would help with the healing. He realizes that you were finished with his arm. He inspected it. Good as new. You could heal him too. Maybe you really could help him, like you helped his injuries.

"I'd like that..."

You smiled and giggled as you resume sketching his ribcage. He had four broken ribs, one fractured rib, and one was just completely missing. Don't even start about his spine. How was he able to keep going with these injuries?! Now you felt really bad for not stepping in before.

"Uh, What's your name? You already know mine..."

You looked up at Papyrus, finishing sketching his very last rib. His eyesockets were kind, he had an awkward, sad smile over his jawline. He was really going to need a friend every step of the way. Maybe you can draw him some more friends for when you were gone. Maybe you can fix this messed up version of Papyrus that the fangirls made...

"I'm (Your name). It's nice to officially meet you Papyrus."

Fix Disbelief, one step at a time.

I was going for some major feels right here. I've been listening to depressing Undertale music and I wanted to get out that depressive stuff with this oneshot. I hope you don't mind.

~Eva