Forgiveness, Can You Imagine? [AlterTale!Papyrus x Reader]

"HUMAN, YOU KNOW I NEED YOUR SOUL... PLEASE DONT MAKE THIS HARDER THAN IT HAS TO BE."

You still dodge his attacks as best as could be. His trident made of orange and blue bones swinging at you. You stay still when the trident is blue and rush out of the way when it slashes orange. A way his kind of magic works, as you've assumed.

 It was now your turn. Like always, you had the normal actions. ACT, FIGHT, ITEM. But the action you always preferred to use, SPARE, was Gone. Completely and Utterly Gone. You felt useless, like there was no way to win unless you managed to talk him over. Like Sans back in the ruins. You decide to try acting.

You could Check him again, make sure he doesn't need have a hint. You could try talking to him? No. Right now the skeleton king wasn't up for a normal conversation. You could flirt, but you tried that. It didn't end well. You've made a pun before, but that just stirred him up and made his attack higher. There is one option you were scared to try. It was offer. Well, he looked like he was going to end this soon. You tried offer.

On the offer screen you had two different things to offer. One was to select an item in You're inventory. The other was just three question marks. You decide to check your inventory. At the beginning of your adventure, Sans have you a nice pack of HotCats. Maybe... You hand Papyrus the HotCats

"HUMAN... THESE ARE... HOW DID... SANS..."

Papyrus's attack has been weakened. His eye is glowing orange and he raises his hand. Your soul turns blue and he slams it against the wall. Wait, this was one of his tricks!? You haven't seen this attack before yet. Then he raises bones to attack your soul.

This felt familiar somehow. Wait a second! This was one of Sans's attacks agaisnt you when he tried to keep you from leaving the ruins! Maybe by giving him some memory of Sans, he used an attack of his singers allowing you to easily dodge it with the rememberance of it!

It was your turn again after a few rounds of that. You went back through ACT and offer. The other offer was in three question marks. You hesitantly think about it. What could you offer? Was this the other thing in place of mercy? Was this your chance to spare him? You clicked the three question marks.

You extend your hand.

"HUMAN, WANT ARE YOU-"

You understand what it meant now. The only end to this fight would be to fight him or find some other way. thwy would be Fighting for eternity and then some if this went on. So, why not extend your hand and offer peace?

"King Papyrus, I don't want to fight anymore."

"CHILD I HAVE T-"

"No, you don't. Take my hand."

Papyrus set down his trident, moved forward with his robe elegantly following behind him. The tall skeleton long bent down to your level, taking your hand. You smiled, amusingly an awkward grin to come across his teeth.

"Now take my SOUL too."

"HUMAN... ARE YOU SURE?"

You smile at him.

"Set Your people free."

Papyrus understood. You held out your soul to him. The last human soul. After this soul, his people can go back to the surface. He will get the chance to talk to Sans and Gaster again. Maybe... then maybe... they could forgive him!

Ah, forgiveness. The one thing he craved more than anything in his life! But... if he takes another life of an innocent child who had fallen into this fate... would his brothers ever really forgive him? He looked at the soul in his hand, before pressing it back inside you.

"HUMAN, I CANT. THERE IS SOME OTHER WAY. I KNOW IT. IF SOMETHING DIRE EVER HAPPENS HERE, I COULD ALWAYS TAKE A SOUL I ALREADY HAVE AND GATHER TWO FROM THE SURFACE. LIKE SANS SUGGESTED IN THE BEGINING. IF I KILL YOU, I WILL NEVER BE FORGIVEN..."

The king looked down, his grip on you totally loose and practically nonexistent. You place your hand over your heart. You see orange tears falling from his eyesockets. You reach up and wipe them away.

"I forgive you. If he doesn't, I do."

Papyrus sniffled and looked at you. Such a good, nice human. He watched you approach him even closer before jumping and hugging around his neck, squeezing him tighter towards you. Papyrus gasps before hugging you as if he was hugging his own brothers.

"THANK YOU, HUMAN, FOR EVERYTHING."