Chapter 94

The Present

Footsteps slammed across the floor as they continued running throughout the hall. Y/N kept running, her eyes out for any more enemies. She stopped, on guard as a shadowy figure emerged ahead. "Sasuke!" Y/N called out, and he nodded to her.

"Where's the kids? Let's go." Sasuke called her. "Ship's sinking slowly." Y/N made a face, confused.

"What? Sasuke we need the ship!" She said, jogging the rest of the way to him. "There's innocent people on here." Y/N said, reaching out for him. He took a step away from her, not looking at her. "Hey!" She frowned.

"There's no innocent people." Sasuke said quietly. "They all die, and they all die tonight." Y/N frowned. He was still upset about Naruto and clearly not thinking clearly.

"Sasuke." Y/N frowned. "I'm hurt too, but there's kids here." Y/N frowned. "It looked like they were carrying their whole village. We can't let them get back to the Otsutsuki and risk bringing them both to the village." Sasuke looked at her, angry.

"Don't protect them. Not after what they did." Sasuke poked her hard in the chest, making Y/N take a step back.

"I'm not, but I can't let an innocent child who hasn't raised their fist to anyone die." Y/N crossed her arms. "What did you do to the lower levels?" Y/N grabbed his cloak when he didn't speak, just staring into silence. "Sasuke." She repeated into his ear. "Calm down."

"I may have destroyed the third floor." Sasuke muttered. "It's slowly filling the levels so that we can find them and get out." Y/N frowned at him.

"Sasuke, we can't let these people get hurt." Y/N pouted, looking up at him. "We can't just kill them all when their young people and elderly people are at risk." Y/N squeezed his hand. Sasuke sighed.

"I wasn't thinking." He said quietly. "I was just angry." He looked at her, a fierce look in his eyes. "I'm not done with you." He added.

Y/N gulped, nodding. "I understand. We can fight later." She said quietly. He grabbed her by the elbows, lurching her forward.

"We will." He murmured. "I'll try to stay focused." Y/N nodded as he let go of her, Y/N tensing her arms.

"Is there any way we can seal any holes you made?" She asked him. Sasuke shook his head no.

"No, but we can steer the boat ourselves back to the island. It's not far." Sasuke muttered. "We can alert the alarms and bring all the soldiers onto the land to take them from us."

"Good." Y/N mumbled. "Or at least get as close as possible." As soon as she finished, she nearly tripped, the boat swaying with a bit more obvious nature. "Sasuke." She muttered quietly, shaking her head as they nodded to each other.

"Ship's going down. We may have less than an hour." Sasuke started running towards the end of the hall, Y/N at his side. "You know how to work this thing?"

"Probably not but if we can clear the room, I can figure it out." Y/N muttered. "Steer the boat inland so they can't get away to the Otsutsuki."

"Good." Sasuke muttered. "And what do you want me to do with the innocents?" He said it harshly. "I get their old people and young, but Y/N god dammit." He muttered under his breath. "All they did."

"There's gotta be babies." Y/N said quietly. "Maybe little kids that are Sarada's age, not even old enough for school." Y/N looked up at him sadly as they went outside, scaling the walls. They jumped through the window lightly, climbing fast. "Do you really want to punish them?"

"No." Sasuke said quickly. "I know you're right but.. Fuck." He cursed quietly.

"Get the kids and assist them in getting all the innocents into the smaller boats. Just in case this goes down." Y/N said quietly. "It's a good plan."