Chapter 73

"Look's quiet." Masaru murmured, gazing up at the island in general. The previously clear sky was now dark, the island snowing despite the sun shining just a mile away. Sasuke sighed as they all hopped out in ankle deep water. They helped him push, Sasuke taking most of the weight easily.

"That's what they want you to think." Sasuke frowned. Look at the mountain." Sasuke pointed to the tallest mountain in the nearest view. "That's where the palace is." He could see the lavish castle in the distance, the walls made of thick ice.

"It looks like an amusement park." Ko gasped, clutching her cheeks. "Like a princess castle."

"Yeah, if a princess lived in an insane tortue chamber." Sasuke muttered. "Look at all this dark forest around." Despite the beautiful castle sitting above the land, there was a split between the land and forest. From the treeline in, it was a frozen storm of snow. The beach was cold, but not a dust of snow occurred on the sand. It was split perfectly between snow and sand. Sasuke stood right outside of it, checking each of the kids. "Keep your cloaks up over your nose." He instructed them, pulling them up one by one. "It's gonna get cold."

"I hate the cold." Ko whined. "I'm gonna kill that bitch." She said darkly, her pink eyes suddenly going violent. Sasuke patted her cloak tight around her chin.

"I will." He said darkly. "Alright, let's be careful." Sasuke muttered. The kids nodded. Sasuke took the lead, walking down into the snowy land. A blizzard was slowly occurring as they went deeper into the land.

"We're going silent." Nagi nodded to Jataro, who had his bow perched on his back. "Let's try not to bring them down on us."

"I don't know kid. We might be a day or so ahead of them." Sasuke muttered. "We have no idea how many of them are still here."

"This island is huge, and someone is making it snow." Jataro smirked, twirling his kunai around. "Someone's here to greet us." Sasuke went carefully, nodding as he kept his eye peeled.

"A shinobi doesn't rest." Sasuke muttered. "Don't get an attitude with me." He directed to Nagi, who sputtered in disbelief. "I'll take a nice nap when Y/N is home safe with me. Probably." he added, an eye roll on his lips.

"Don't blame me because your stupid. Like I said, you barely slept two hours, knowing we were going into battle." Nagi shook his head at him. "And I haven't said anything since the boat."

"I could feel you staring at me." Sasuke directed over his shoulder, his eyes still peeled for signs of threat.

"I'm just thinking about what we're supposed to do." Nagi shook his head at him. "We're kinda in a mess right now, regardless if we find mother or not." Nagi sighed.

"We will." Sasuke said firmly. "I don't care what happens to me, as long as she's home." Sasuke said. "I owe her, not the village." Sasuke said firmly.

The kids shared a look to stop talking. "Let's just focus." Ko said gently. "We're almost there." Together, they traveled using the cover of the snow, traveling up and over hills as the snow increased.

"The storm is definitely getting bigger the closer we get." Masaru muttered, his head down as he tried to pay attention to the shadows. It was getting darker the closer they got as well.

"Doesn't matter, we're at the foot of it." Sasuke muttered. "Wait here." Sasuke jumped ahead, soaring through the air as he disappeared.

The kids got back to back, their eyes peeled in case of emergency. "I don't see anything." Ko muttered, focused.

"Tell me about it. I thought I loved the snow until I had to work in it." Jataro grunted. "I could use hot chocolate." He said excitedly.

"Afterwards, and I agree about the hot chocolate." Nagi muttered. "I'm tired of talking about this vile clan." He muttered darkly, an edge to his eyes.