Chapter 167

Sasuke kept a tight hand around Y/N's shoulders, rubbing them as she leaned her head against his. The baby was in her arms, wiggling around as he angrily bit into his icy teether. "It's okay." Y/N shushed the baby, rubbing his back. "We'll be home soon and you'll like how cold I keep the house." Y/N patted the babys back. He was comfortable in her arms. "What are they doing in there?" Y/N asked Sasuke, him looking at the double doors to Naruto's office. They were in his private quarters right off the room, the room definitely getting an upgrade from the regular futon in his office.

"Kakashi wanted to question the kids on some things." He said quietly. "Nothing really bad, just a housecheck." Y/N raised an eyebrow.

"What do you mean housecheck? He said he wanted to talk to them about their birthdays." Y/N mumbled. Sasuke shushed her, pushing her back lightly into the couch as she tried to stand.

"Y/N, Y/N. He just wants to make sure the kids feel safe. It's part of your therapy. It's not a big deal." Sasuke assured her. Y/N made a face, angry now. "Babe, really."

"Don't call me that." Y/N huffed. "I'm fine, and I would never ever put them in danger." Y/N said harshly, glowering. "Kakashi-Sensei needs to mind his old ass business."

"Hey. It's gonna be okay." Sasuke shushed her, a small smile on his lips as he held her close. "He's just asking them questions about you. If you're happy or not." Y/N's face flared in anger. "He's not gonna take them or anything." Y/N stood up abruptly, a tight hold on the baby. "Y/N!"

"He wants to take my kids from me?" Y/N huffed. "I've been happy lately, and because I have a history he wants to put me on a damn watch? Are you kidding me?"

"No he doesn't want to take them. Calm the hell down." Sasuke muttered. "If you lash out you'll make yourself look bad."

"I don't give a fuck what I look like." Y/N said, covering the baby's ears. "Those are my kids in there, and I'm not a danger to them."

"He's worried if you're a danger to yourself, Y/N." Sasuke said softly. "That's all." Y/N sat down with a heavy sigh, shaking her head. "Calm down, you're getting me worried." Y/N looked at him.

"But I've been happy. And I've been sleeping better, and I haven't done anything like that. Today was the first time I cried in a long time." Y/N assured him. "I don't see why he thinks I'm at risk." Sasuke put a hand on her shoulder, the girl pouting at him.

"Alright, I'll be honest." Sasuke said, shaking his head. "After you saw the grave, you had that look in your eye again. It wasn't just grieving. It was like you blame yourself." Sasuke squeezed her shoulder, Y/N about to jump up and leave. "And I can tell, it's bothering deeply."

"I lost someone, Sasuke." Y/N huffed. "How am I supposed to feel?"

"You're allowed to be upset about it, but you looked like there was no way out of the darkness again, and you've got me worried." Y/N flared up at his response. "I don't want you to feel that way."

"Okay, note to self. Don't act sad or share my feelings, ever." Y/N said sarcastically. "And don't ever grieve in front of you, again. Got it."

"It's not like that, Y/N." Sasuke rolled his eyes. "You need to calm down."

"Whatever." Y/N scooted far away from him. "Not like you care." She muttered, rocking the baby. He was starting to make uncomfortable noises, cupping her face. "Leave me alone."

"Y/N, really?" Sasuke sighed. "It's about more than that. It's about this little lover thing you have going on too."

"I would not bring him around if I thought he was a danger, Sasuke." Y/N huffed.