Chapter 64

Y/N walked closer to him, laying down next to Masaru as he gestured for her to look through his scope. "What is it?" Y/N whispered, not liking the heavy look on him. She looked through the scope, going pale at the sight.

Many figures were tied up, being forced to kneel in a circle. Masaru nodded as she paled, looking around at the circle. "Sakura." Y/N shook her head, seeing the familiar pink headed girl. "Hinata." Y/N shook her head, trying to make out the faces. "Dammit." She punched the tree, anger coursing through her.

"Momma what's happening?!" Nagi yelled, looking up at them. He had followed them but was at the bottom of the tree. Y/N bit her lip, starting to hyperventilate.

"They've got the kids too." Masaru shook his head. "Sarada, Inojin, Aunt Ino. I'm seeing too many faces." Masaru shook his head, placing himself against the scope again. "Mom what are are we going to do?" He asked her. Y/N looked concerned.

"I'm coming up." Nagi yelled up. Ko poked her head out of the cave.

"Is everything okay?" Ko asked, seeing a lot of activity.

"No. They've got hostages." Masaru called back. "Mom what are you thinking?" Masaru looked at her weirdly, seeing her inwardly freak out. She shook her head to clear it, laying back down to look.

"Alright let me see this." Y/N took a deep breath to calm her own nerves. "Okay, they've got a lot of people. I see Shino.. Kiba... FUCK." Y/N grit her teeth, pulling at her hair. "I've got an idea." Y/N put her hands together, creating a clone. Masaru watched as it jumped down, running off in that direction. Y/N adjusted the hair pin in her hair, hearing a frequency.

"What's that?" Masaru exclaimed, confused.

"It's a spying jutsu I use sometimes." Y/N winked. "It's how I know you kids don't do your work sometimes."

"I knew you were up to something." Masaru shook his head. The clone was sprinting fast, a flash of light as it disappeared. "So we can hear her?"

"Yeah." Y/N jumped down, picking Nagi up. She jumped back up to the branch, holding onto them securely. " It looks like they've got hostages. They've got children and adults." Y/N shook her head. "They're alive however, which means they've got a goal." Y/N tried to think clearly. She was starting to feel overwhelmed.

"Momma, stop stressing." Nagi snapped at her. "We can save them if we think clearly. Let's just come up with a plan."

"She's in position." Y/N took her hair pin down, infusing it with spiritual chakra. A bubble grew out of it which made the surrounding air look like a crystal ball. "Let's get on the ground and be safe." Y/N picked up both of the boys, Masaru clinging tightly to the weapon in his hands. She jumped down, landing softly as she walked to the mouth of the cave.

"We've got problems." Masaru filled Ko in immediately, which made Ko gasp at just how much people they had taken.

"Mother, are you okay?" Ko asked as Y/N sat down in front of the fire. She placed the all seeing ball down, making more hand signals.

"I don't know." Y/N mumbled. "I want to be." The kids didn't know how to answer that. They sat down in front of the fire with her, trying to get a glimpse at the fire.

"It's my fault." Y/N said sadly, reaching out to touch the bubble. "Ayato told me she was walking among us in the village. I didn't think anything of it." Y/N shook her head, running her hands down her face tiredly.

"Momma, there's still time." Nagi chastised her. She sighed, visibly stressed. "Your letting yourself get too upset."

"There's too many people I care about at stake right now." Y/N wanted to hit something so bad. She clenched her hands tightly, unhappy. "Little ones, lifelong friends, I just..." Y/N breathed out loud, upset.