Chapter 101

Nagi trailed behind as Y/N walked with the kids, trying to hurry them along. He stopped at the top of the stairs, his fists clenching as he stared at his feet. Y/N looked back at him. "Nagi what are you doing? Come on." She whispered. "We have to get back to our room."

"It's not our room. It's our prison." Nagi glared. "Keep going, I'll catch up." Y/N looked like she was about to protest, but Nagi shook his head. "Mother, it's about Papa. I'm just going to listen." He added sadly. Y/N took a deep breath, nodding.

"Be careful and come right back." She whispered to him. "We're two floors down, the only door in the hall." She muttered. Nagi nodded as she turned and left, looking carefully around as they took the stairs. Nagi dropped down to the door, peeked carefully on the other side. He could hear arguing on the other side. He tried the door knob, a grimace on his face as he realized it was locked. Quickly, he scurried down the hall, spying a large vent. Nagi dropped down, whipping out his multitool to get to work.

It came loose easily enough, allowing the boy to climb in. He sneezed quietly at the amount of dust, but continued to crawl through the ventilation system. He was glad he was so small, as it allowed him to squeeze into and through tighter areas then normal. Nagi reached the end of the tunnel, his eyes narrowed in relief as she caught sight of a room.

The tall man he had seen was sitting at the table, his chin in his hand as he shook his head. He was talking with a horribly terrifying figure who was sitting across from him. Nagi narrowed his eyes as the two of them continued to argue. "What do you mean I have to leave now?"

"Yes. Right now." Kawaki repeated. "The Uchiha knows where we are." Kawaki shook his head. "Take a few soldiers and go."

"We shouldn't. There's already a lot of attention on that damn island now. We move now, it's not going to be pretty." The man with a large white haired mane shook it, making Nagi narrow his eyes in disgust. "I say we put up some guards around our island, wait for them to greet us." Kawaki shook his head no at the man, sighing. "Dammit Kawaki, everyone's already riled up because of the missing guardians." Nagi's eyes widened, tilting his head at the man.

"I don't care. We've been running too long." Kawaki folded his hands, annoyed. "Either you go or I go. Either way your plan of sitting low has pissed me off for too long." Kawaki muttered, shaking his head. Nagi frowned. "We've got the Uchiha from our present after us already. I can already imagine the chaos if the past one reaches our new island." Kawaki shook his head.

"I can deal with him." The man shook his head. "He can meet us at this island."

"He can't see her." Kawaki looked at him incredulously. "If he gets in here and finds her, and somehow manages to get her away..." Kawaki shook his head. "Take you and your team and go." Kawaki glared. "Blend in with the island chaos and hunt him down."

Nagi frowned as he watched the white haired man stand, crossing his arms. "It's a little late at night to deal with a territorial Uchiha, don't you think?" He shook his head at Kawaki. "Let me worry about him. You need to get acquainted with her, and fast." Kawaki shook his head.

"That's not a problem. Kawaki shook his head. "She'll be happy here, and like it." Kawaki crossed his arms. Kawaki's eyes trailed off. "Then we go into the next phase." Kawaki pursed his lips. Nagi glared through the vent, his fist clenching at his side. "We'll take off and disappear." Kawaki nodded to him. Nagi frowned, loosening his grip as he tilted his head in confusion.

"Don't be worried Lord Kawaki. It's only temporary." He chuckled, shaking his head. "We've just got to hide you so the Leaf, especially the Uchiha can't find you both." Kawaki looked up at him, nodding.

"If he's not dead by then." Kawaki glowered. "We'll meet him head on at the Leaf." Nagi narrowed his eyes, leaning closer as he tried to hear better. "We'll destroy anyone that stops the birth of the World-Ender." Kawaki looked up, smirking now as his eyes glowed red. Nagi flinched, his head accidentally hitting the top of the vent. He froze as the two of them turned to face the wall, confused.